What is there all to do on this site?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: I'm new!
Posted: Oct 17th, '18, 20:15    

Akili Li

Hugs: 229152
Mood: contemplative
Hello, Mimgu. Welcome.

So you arrived during a Halloween event... you can check out the specifics at the thread for it, in the chat area (look for something called Hallloween '18).

In the general way, this site is focuses around avatar dress-up, the forum, and Knuffels.

You can get your first trial knuffel at Knufftropolis free, and it will stick around for a week; if you adopt it within that week it's yours, otherwise it disappears and you will have to start over. There are a number of charity threads which will help you with funds to get knuffels, as well as avatar items to play around there.

You can get avatar items from the shops in the Shopping center, from other people in the forum rmarket area, from other people listed in the marketplace, and currently there are some avatar items you can get from the event.

With knuffels, there are wild knuffels (user-made; half the purchase cost goes to the creator) and elemental knuffels (from Knufftropolis; Firn makes those).

Wild knuffels level up faster and reach maximum at 20k XP. Ever ten levels they give you an article of avatar clothing which was inspired by a Wild Knuffel. It's random what you get, and when you get one you can choose to raffle it for 100 :food: for a chance at something else instead.

Elemental knuffels (or regular knuffels, or digging knuffels, or whatever you choose to call them) instead give you 1k :food: every tenth level. It takes longer to level them up, as they max at 50k XP. They are also the only ones that can dig at Candy Island. When they level you put points into one of the elements, which improves their chances of finding something when they dig in that element.

If they do NOT come up with something from that element, there is a small chance that they will come up with some :food: instead.

They have to be played with and fed so their bars are not in the red zone, before they can dig, and digging tires them out. It also gives xp.

If you put ALL your points in their main element, they can get to 109; every point after 100 improves the chances for a rare item but they'll always find something.

Every year in the spring, a new set of special "digging items" comes out; these are things that have a small chance of being found while digging. (there's something corresponding to each element. I think this year it's the tails avatar item and a mandala set and a tattoo??)

Posting will give you a small amount of food, and a chance at 1-3 frosted donuts (although not in the spam or word game areas for the donuts). Donuts get saved up and then at random times, typically for about a week once a month but when moves around, a special shop shows up that you can use the donuts in.

Once a day you can collect 'troth tokens' which are log-in rewards, and those have a permanent shop (with a changes-once-a-month special item) that they can be spent in. Logging in for several days in a row will up the amount you get on log-in, gradually. I think you get one extra per 5 days or week of logging in every day? Anyhow, you can work your way up to getting 10 a day, but if you miss a day it resets back down to 1 again.

You can do polls, and doing so will get you between 1 and 10 food points.

There are a couple of games, too. I'm more familiar with Memory; once a day you can choose to register a score and get up to 1k food from that (the 1k max is not based on your ranking within the high scores, it is based on your score in the game and maxes out well below the high scores board). More matches in a row REALLY increases your score so most people help their memory along with a pen and pencil so they can get the full 1k food.

Hmmmmm, what else?

Not sure.

Someone else speak up, there's a lot of stuff to this site; it's been around 11 years now, so....

OH! Donations and donation perks. Okay, so if you donate to the site, Firn will do her best to keep cumulative track of how much you donate in a month, and if it goes over certain amounts there are special rewards which you are given. The Donation Perks change each month. Details on the donation page, and if you've donated over that amount and you don't get a perk within a couple days (they have to be individually added to your account by hand, it's not automatic) then just send her a message and she'll check the records and give you the items.

The donation currency is :fc: (fairy coins) and there are some items that can only be gotten with them.

You can decorate knuffel rooms like you can decorate your avatar.

There are monthly contests for knuffel rooms and avatars, and you can vote in them and enter them.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Oct 18th, '18, 00:10    

DragonCryings

Hugs: 9644
Haha, Akili you nailed the entire guidelines in one message, you're awesome!

Welcom to Kofk Mimgu!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '18, 06:40    

Mimgu

Hugs: 273
@Akili Li: Woaah, thanks a lot for the explaination! This helps me out a lot!

@DragonCryings: Thanks a lot for the welcome!>v<

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '18, 09:58    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 14939
Mood: tired/busy
hi there! i see most other people already answered your question, but welcome anyway!

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted: Oct 18th, '18, 10:09    

Akili Li

Yeah.... I tend to textwall.

Sorry.

If you have a SPECIFIC question, I could probably be shorter? And possibly more helpful?

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Oct 18th, '18, 19:07    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 171974
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
Hi and welcome.

Yeah Akili really did an awesome job.

But anyway feel free to ask.
We all are helpful here ( or mad! Mostly both^^)
Just one thing maybe
Participate in the charity forum for free stuff and so!

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 21st, '18, 18:42    

Kharis

Hugs: 14426
Welcome and I'll hope you have fun!

(0) (0)
Sei italiano? Allora non perderti la nostra Gilda!!! Click

Posted: Oct 23rd, '18, 23:31    

PupDragon

Hugs: 25435
Mood: Tired
O.O
Dang Akili.
Do you teach?
Welcome to the site Mimgu.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '18, 10:51    

Akili Li

ha ha, no, I just have the typing equivalent of blabbermouth.

Mimgu, now you've been around a bit, what do you think?

(0) (0)

[ 13 posts ]