Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 5 posts ] 
Image  52%  [ 16 ]
Image  48%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject: With A Little More Feeling!
Posted: Oct 29th, '17, 22:26    

Moi

Hugs: 337773
Mood: Know you're not alone.

You ever seen or heard something you thought was really cool or really funny or really scary and told someone else. But they didn't even care. And you felt like crap?

I don't have many friends offline and my parents aren't here, so I don't get to share things with anyone.
When I do share, they seem so disinterested and it makes me not want to share anything with them.

It's really...disheartening. Like I will enjoy something so much, try to share it, feel like no one cares about anything I say.

You ever had this problem?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: With A Little More Feeling!
Posted: Oct 30th, '17, 05:50    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 197870
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Yeeeaaahhh, I think the bit where you tell someone about a thing and they don't care is a common occurrence. Even if you care about each other, people are just made different. Not everyone is going to share your opinions or interest, but that's not something you need to take personally!

In my RL group, I don't have many folks who are into the same type of anime, or books, or many hobbies. Likewise, I'm not as interested in many things they are interested in, like comics, or FPS games, or documentaries on people.

Instead of getting put-off and feeling the gap of our differences, we tend to connect through our commonalities instead! I have buddies who are vastly different from me, but if we both try, we'll find things we both like.

I don't claim to know how your RL friends feel, but if they care about you, then they probably don't mean to be dismissive, but it's kinda rough to have to fake interest when there isn't any. In my experience, it often makes the relationship feel tedious.

It's good that you have interests that you really enjoy, but there's a point where you have to find folks who are specifically interested in it. Online communities are great for that, and for younger folks, school clubs are fantastic.

The more people you know, the more likely you are to find someone who'll share the same types of interests as well!

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 3rd, '17, 21:25    

Moi

Hugs: 337773
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I don't have RL friends 8D
I just have close family and neighbors and doctors.

I know not everyone has the same interests, but when they ask me to spend time with them and talk to them more, and I do, and they blow me off, it's like why bother at all xD
It's hard for me to bond, so when I want to, I feel like I shouldn't share anything because they don't care.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Nov 3rd, '17, 21:42    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81116
Yup! For me, I don't even care if they actually care about what I am saying. I mean, yeah, it would be nice if they did. But if they don't, that's ok too as long as they at least listen and pretend to care. I hate when I listen to someone and pretend to care about something that interests them even when they know for a fact that I don't actually want to hear about that (like my father with his hunting stories), but then if I start to say something, their eyes glaze over and they're not even trying to look interested.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 11th, '17, 04:32    

Firefoxflare

Hugs: 11678
Mood: I'm back baby
We were once messing around after dark trying to see if the spirit in our house would answer us, we stoped after something fell off my shelf.
I looked at my phone after "old school flip phone, thos was about 13 years ago" and had a voice mail no missed calls though.
Listenes to it and it was all staticie with some thumping sounds then it just cut off.
One of the weider things to happen.

(0) (0)
Missing! 29 *yikes* offering 7 FC for a water gen 1
Any lvl any element.
I love her!
First fairy every!Server time: Apr 6th, '12, 13:39[/align]

[ 5 posts ]