Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 6 posts ] 
Do you like fountain pens?
Yes  59%  [ 20 ]
No  41%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject: IT'S COMING! (Update: It came! Read last post)
Posted: Oct 21st, '17, 01:08    

Boris_Boris

Hugs: 5419
Mood: Tired
I ordered a Lamy Safari fountain pen (charcoal coloured and with an extra fine nib), some pen flush with bulb syringe and other syringes, a converter, and a 30 ML bottle of Diamine Onyx Black Ink. I'M SO EXCITED! I received an e-mail that my order is on its way! I plan to take photographs of the pen... I'm just so excited! I hope I do not have to work on Monday or Tuesday... or any day next week because I want to be home when it arrives, and I know my baby brother will get into it when I am at work.

(0) (0)
Gorgon Goddess Solar Gorgonphox

Post subject: Re: IT'S COMING!
Posted: Oct 21st, '17, 20:20    

WishingMoon

Hugs: 4576
I had one red ink fountain pen a while ago. I've always wanted to get more. I ended up picking up embroidery so haven't felt the need to get pens when I'm not using them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 22nd, '17, 03:06    

mementomori

Hugs: 46127
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
I totally feel your excitement!

I love my fountain pens. I have a pilot (forget the model) and...a Mont Blanc. So, uh, yeah, hard to beat that one, lol, though it's not the most flashy pen ever (just black and gold). But it writes like velvet. I didn't buy it, I got it as a gift for graduating law school. Diamine ink is really nice, I've got a couple bottles for the Pilot. I'm...kind of afraid to put anything other than the Mont Blanc ink in the Mont Blanc.

Recently I've been trying to learn to do Spencerian script the old school way with a speedball dip pen...I was making good progress, until school hit me like a train and I had to stop. Maybe I'll be able to pick it up again in a week or two...hopefully...

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: Oct 22nd, '17, 04:09    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 7408
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
mementomori wrote:Recently I've been trying to learn to do Spencerian script the old school way with a speedball dip pen...I was making good progress, until school hit me like a train and I had to stop. Maybe I'll be able to pick it up again in a week or two...hopefully...
I've been using that for inktober

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Oct 22nd, '17, 06:32    

Porcelain

Hugs: 3070
Sounds fancy. I've actually never used a fountain pen. I'd really like to, though.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '17, 06:11    

Boris_Boris

Hugs: 5419
Mood: Tired
WishingMoon wrote:I had one red ink fountain pen a while ago. I've always wanted to get more. I ended up picking up embroidery so haven't felt the need to get pens when I'm not using them.
I don't really write much, but I do have a journal I am attempting to write in more often. I heard writing things down can help the memory, and I agree that it works... at least, for me... for a bit.
mementomori wrote:I totally feel your excitement!

I love my fountain pens. I have a pilot (forget the model) and...a Mont Blanc. So, uh, yeah, hard to beat that one, lol, though it's not the most flashy pen ever (just black and gold). But it writes like velvet. I didn't buy it, I got it as a gift for graduating law school. Diamine ink is really nice, I've got a couple bottles for the Pilot. I'm...kind of afraid to put anything other than the Mont Blanc ink in the Mont Blanc.

Recently I've been trying to learn to do Spencerian script the old school way with a speedball dip pen...I was making good progress, until school hit me like a train and I had to stop. Maybe I'll be able to pick it up again in a week or two...hopefully...
Oh! Are you a lawyer now! I wanted to go to law school so I can use fountain pens, but being a lawyer is tedious, and I do not want to have to read everything that does not interest me. Get any good cases, though?
My pen isn't fancy either. It's charcoal in colour, but it does have a window to see how much ink you have left. What kind of pen is your Mont Blanc? Does it use a converter, a gall, or cartridge, or do you use the whole body of the pen to hold your ink?
Porcelain wrote:Sounds fancy. I've actually never used a fountain pen. I'd really like to, though.
It can take some getting used to. The nib and the feeder need to be pointing down, and the pen must be held at a slanted, 45 degree angle from what I comprehend. Other than that, write from the should. Aside from that, the pen should be able to write under the pressure of its own weight, so don't use a lot of pressure.

I did get my pen on Monday, but I think I may have broke it already because I have to add pressure to write after every few seconds after I stop writing, but I should do some more research.

(0) (0)
Gorgon Goddess Solar Gorgonphox

[ 6 posts ]