Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 7 posts ] 
People make no sense to me sometimes.
It's one thing to compare apples to oranges...  38%  [ 15 ]
It's another to compare oranges to oranges and bitch about how one is bad.  62%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: It'd Be Best To Stay Out of Weeaboo Territory
Posted: Mar 28th, '17, 21:31    

Moi

Hugs: 328389
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I'd be classified as an "otaku" most likely, but have been called a "weeaboo".
I love anime and manga a lot. I mean A LOT.
It's helped me more than what people have in my life, and I'll always love it.
Naturally, people need to insult others, and I see the term "weeaboo" thrown out any time someone mentions anime or has an anime icon.
It's the internet, say what you want, but people have no idea what they're saying at times.

When correcting someone about Japan or Japanese things, "weeaboo" would be thrown out.
Doesn't matter that they're an ignorant ass and needed to be corrected, the more knowledgeable person is to be insulted.
I don't care what country it is, you don't talk out of your ass and act like you're right.
If you say "Chinese, Japanese - same thing!" you're wrong and will be corrected.

I don't care what I'm called, but it's the sheer fact that people are ignorant and choose to insult when they're corrected.
This time I read a comment on Youtube, and because they had a MLP icon, they got called all kinds of nasty things.
And they didn't do anything wrong, and made an intelligent comment.
But was insulted up one street and down the other for having a MLP icon.
This is TROLLING, internet trolling, blah blah blah - it still irks me because I find it unnecessary and ignorant as hell xD
I don't see why people have to do unnecessary things.
And I don't think everyone is trolling.
I think some people are legit full of so much hate xD

Have you been labelled something negative because you liked something?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: It'd Be Best To Stay Out of Weeaboo Territory
Posted: Mar 31st, '17, 08:39    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105352
Mood: spiritual
I feel like weeaboo is too cute a word to have been dumped with a negative connotation :mcheh:

There's definitely a misunderstanding of terminology- liking anime doesn't automatically give you the other characteristics of a weeaboo, like putting Japanese culture above others, etc.- which is, like you said, ignorance. But what can you do lol. People are so ignorant and so judgemental so often. Best thing you can do is feel superior to the jackasses shooting their mouths off, flip your hair majestically and brush them off with epic nonchalance.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 31st, '17, 19:20    

Moi

Hugs: 328389
Mood: Know you're not alone.

8,U
Rock on ~

My dad would find it silly that things like this annoy me.
I know it's just silly internet stuff, but I can't help being annoyed >Bu

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Apr 1st, '17, 03:08    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 44043
Mood: Boondocks
name-calling is the least clever way of insulting people
so if they're doing that, especially if it's in defense (of you correcting them for example), then i would just pity them

anyone has access to the internet. i remind myself of this when i read shitty youtube comments.

also.. humans are cruel. we like being in our little groups, and anyone who's different is vilified. i think we find security in it. i don't know. i'm not an expert by any means, it's just a behaviorism i've noticed over the years. a byproduct of being a social animal, i guess.

when you can classify rude behaviors as a base animal instinct.. it feels better. at least for me, lol. i mean... it's frustrating, we should be above it, but i find it easier to take it less personally? hope i'm making sense. kinda rambling.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 1st, '17, 04:19    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105352
Mood: spiritual
That's very true, that people are punished for being different :mcsad: I hadn't thought of it as animal instinct before, that's very interesting :mcshock: I'd thought that for someone to try to understand someone different takes mental effort, rather than just skimming over the known and familiar that doesn't require any thought, and people just don't like to think because they're stupid :mcheh: and maybe they're afraid of change or of feeling confused or conflicted, as opposed to feeling sure of things in their group and associated norms. They may not want a philosophical crisis, but at the same time I wonder how they of all people aren't having a crisis every moment about the way they are :mclol:

It does make sense that it helps you take it less personally. For me, I'd end up getting riled up even though I'd tell myself that they were stupid, because they'd act like they have every right to be stupid (most of the time it hurts someone, and so they don't) and to club down on me with their stupidity (they SO don't. I'm guided by what hurts and what doesn't, that's right and wrong for me, and they're just irrational. They'll ply the world with something hurtful often simply because they're used to it.)

Reminds me of something mdom once said, 'Life hurts when you subvert everything.'

(1) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: May 15th, '17, 02:57    

light_sucks

Hugs: 159721
Mood: vaguely alive
Oh yah, so many times.

Like I'm fascinated with the subject of sex. And people often call me a pervert or a slut because of it. I mean, I don't really care. But it is annoying to be called names just because I'm interested in something.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: May 15th, '17, 04:00    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 14931
Mood: tired/busy
i can't remember if i've ever been labeled like that, but certainly more or less judged. i have a friend who is pretty cool, but he's got a certain kind of preconception of things i like and the people who like them. so i often have to correct his judgement of me because of it. it does annoy me a little, but he's aware that i could be just as judgmental about his tastes as well.

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ 7 posts ]