Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 21 posts ] 
Honestly it makes me uncomfortable when it's sexual.
I also see people make fan characters to play with.  44%  [ 24 ]
I am making some, but I won't roleplay xD;  56%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Roleplay
Posted: Oct 21st, '16, 21:43    

Moi

Hugs: 337693
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I'm not seeking a roleplay, I'm just curious to hear opinions.

I don't roleplay at all. I did when I was younger and it was a yaoi roleplay.
Since then I never did it. I don't feel like it's something for me.
But I do know a lot of people love it.

What about it appeals to you if you do it?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Roleplay
Posted: Oct 21st, '16, 23:05    

Ririenne

Hugs: 23702
Mood: Wind Fairy Top! <3
My brother is a massive RP fan. He leads one of the best RP guilds on GW2 and he tried getting me into it. I never joined in on there, but I did motivate myself to make a RP thread on here (which reminds me I haven't posted in about a month :mcblush:). I struggle to find the motivation to stick to it, I enjoy RP but I'm not a skilled writer so it puts me off a little. :mcblush:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 22nd, '16, 02:33    

-Leo-

Hugs: 47976
Mood: Ta-ta!
I hate it. I hate it so much now...

But I used to roleplay for years (from age 13 to 20 something) and at one point had at least about 10 ongoing at the same time. I hate it when I have to wait long time for the other person to write their part or when they disappear without a word (meanwhile if given the chance, I could easily just sit down and write 24/7 or more, until I fall asleep writing). I also hate when I had to "dumb down" my own writing to their level. Not to sound like I'm whatever, but between a writer and non writer (as in writing outside rp) there's some pretty major differences and that can become quickly exhausting. Draining. And I did it for years because I'm stupid like that. Lol, as I tell some people now and then, my last roleplaying was with someone too much into writing mary sues (and wings, she loved giving wings to her sues), so I being pissed off as I was, answered back with my own sues (she didn't like it, but didn't stop either). Should've probably been a sign by then that it was time to stop roleplaying, but thankfully I did later.

Anyway. Maybe I could enjoy roleplaying again if I'd find that perfect writing partner. Maybe another writer. Also, someone who won't expect me to carry on the entire story and plot over my shoulders alone and actually give something to the story just as much as I do.

...But I don't think I'm ever going to risk my own sanity again for that. Fanfiction beats down roleplaying now, many times over. And original fiction does the same, of course.

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Posted: Oct 22nd, '16, 07:26    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 7411
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Prolly interacting with others as a fictional character
And trying to guess how they'd react to something or other

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Oct 22nd, '16, 22:45    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 42283
Mood: Obsessed
I go through phases of really loving it and really hating it. A lost of the reasons I love it is because it makes any world, any fantasy possible and with a partner (or group) you never quite know what going to happen next.

But the reasons I hate it link in a lot with -Leo- 's reasons. I hate having to change my writing style to fit my partner, especially if they don't write the way I like with full sentences and correct grammar (obviously a mistake here and now is fine). I also really love descriptive RP's, where each person really goes into detail, like they're writing a fic, rather than just a few lines about what their character is doing - because that gets old real quick.

But I'm into it at the moment.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 04:08    

Beautiful Disaster

Hugs: 23483
Mood: Yeet
I've been roleplaying for years, I just love it. It's kind of shaky at first, when you don't really know what to do, but once you get the hang of it, it's so fun! I like the sense of community, the idea that you can go pretty much anywhere and use your imagination- sky's the limit- and mostly the feeling that you're writing a story, but with a bunch of different authors. Of course it's no fun without at least a basic set of rules, because then it's just chaos. But when it's done right, I love it. I mostly do one on one roleplays, or small groups, because it's easier to manage, but larger groups can be fun as well.

(0) (0)
May those who love us love us And those who don't love us May God turn their hearts, And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping.

Questing: 1 x Gold Bullion, 1 x Pearl, 2 x Pink Diamond, 4 x Silver Ore, 8 x Red Rose, 15 x Sparrow Egg

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 04:33    

Death Candy

Hugs: 97328
Mood: Forever confused
I roleplay in my head and that's as far as it goes. Mostly it's with my own characters and it helps me develop characters and story lines.

(0) (0)
I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 05:41    

kitestrings

Hugs: 8615
i think to enjoy roleplaying, you have to really enjoy storytelling where you're the writer. what i like about roleplaying is that it gives me an opportunity to organically flesh out a character so they feel like a person, with input from other people besides myself. in this way, they're being shaped through more than just my own ideas, and that's both more interesting and more exciting. my rp characters had some really surprising stuff happen to them that i'd have never otherwise come up with by myself.
not to mention, it's just really fun.

also, i don't rp sex anymore because it's really weird and uncomfortable to me now. i used to have no problem with it, and i really enjoyed having my characters be in a sexual relationship with someone else's, but now it just feels like glorified sexting. i think it helps if you're good friends with someone if you actually want to rp sex, but maybe that's just me.

(0) (0)
call me wren ☆ he/him pronouns
art blog | rate my art!
knuffels

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 08:27    

Hana-chan

Hugs: 8225
I'm on and off with roleplaying. I like it because I can make up my own characters and make up my own storylines. And i love when I can talk with someone else and come up with ideas. But when I start to roleplay again, i tend to bite off more than I can chew. I'll have way too many roleplays going and I think when I run out of ideas or lose interest I go find something else and then a while later I'll be into it again when I have more inspiration(or motivation).

I agree with wren, i dont like roleplaying sex anymore. I didnt mind it a few years ago, but now its uncomfortable for me. I still like to have romance in my roleplays but I cant go over a certain point or I get all speechless and cant roleplay as much as if it was like an action scene. I think if it was with a good friend it would be a little easier too.

I'm kind of getting back into it, but at the same time I think I'm starting to get out of roleplaying and I might not do much anymore. I never have the time too.

(0) (0)
Questing Materials
Never Melting Icecream
15 x Darkness Ring
3 x Eagle Feather
21 x Eel
1 x Weed

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 10:35    

ShortAxel

Hugs: 10104
I used to RP when I was a lot younger, like 10 years ago, but it doesn't appeal to me anymore. The pressure, time constraints, and limiting factors (like schedules, timezones, etc) just stopped working for me. I'd rather write things myself, or maybe even write a joint story if its a friend. That can be fun.

(0) (0)

[ 21 posts ]