Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 19 posts ] 
Where would you like to have your adventure?
Some kind of fantasy world  31%  [ 75 ]
Jump on a train and see where it takes me  9%  [ 22 ]
Another country  9%  [ 23 ]
Across my country  6%  [ 14 ]
Some kind of apocalyptic situation  5%  [ 12 ]
Anywhere as long as it's warm  7%  [ 17 ]
Anywhere as long as it's cold  3%  [ 8 ]
Anywhere where I can get my food points  30%  [ 73 ]
Total votes : 244
 Post subject: Adventure Clothes
Posted: Jan 16th, '13, 07:38    

emilyoni

Hugs: 8185
So my friend and I were talking about what we call "adventure clothes". Basically, well, you know how in movies and books and things where they'll randomly get pulled into another dimension or on some kind of journey somewhere so they don't really have time to pack or even change their clothes.

So we were saying that it's important for us to always be dressed in adventure-ready clothes in case anything happens (you never know when a portal to another world will open up or you get the impulse to jump on a train somewhere). We came to the conclusion that they must be comfy (who knows where you'll be sleeping or what you'll have to fight off?) but also look nice (who doesn't wanna look nice? besides, if you're single, well you never know where you'll find the right guy/girl!)

We both have the same taste in clothes so we tend to go for comfy loose dresses and skirts (with a sweater and leggings in the fall/winter) or just a top and jeans on those lazier days (it's okay, we made sure to stock up on nice tops 'cause that's the top priority for us unemployed students). But a bag is important too. What if you find something important on your journey and need to keep it safe? So she has her messenger bag and I have my Nana's old purse I can wear like a cross-body and has about a million pockets (I'm guessing it's really durable too since it's like 50 years old and still in perfect condition).

So what would your adventure clothes be?
Do you keep this in mind when getting dressed? (Or are we the only ones?)
Where would you like to adventure to?
What supplies would you wanna keep in your bag? (keychain flashlight, etc.)
Are there any mementos you'd like to have? (I have my faerie ring I never take off and an elephant necklace my boyfriend gave me, I'd like to make sure I had both of these!)

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Adventure Clothes
Posted: Jan 16th, '13, 09:39    

Bright Sword

Hugs: 5699
Mood: Unsure
Hm... Adventure clothes?
I think I would do with a normal t-shirt and some normal, easy to move in pants. Of course, you would need clothes to match the weather, so maybe some long sleeve shirts and a jacket would be a nice thing to have too (I have a boring taste in clothes P:). I think what would matter to me the most is the bag. I mean, where are you gonna keep all your cool gadgets and shiny stuff without a good bag? Since I'm into fantasy and magic and all that, I would really love a small bag that opens up to something like a pocket dimension. That would just be awesome! But if we're sticking to reality, then I guess a nice big traveller pack would be nice P:

(0) (0)
*Insert Whatever Creative Signature You Can Think Of Here*
Want to RP? Don't have ideas? Check this out!

Posted: Jan 16th, '13, 12:30    

Aerin

Hugs: 59994
Mood: Exhausted...
So what would your adventure clothes be?
Solid clothes, with a lot of layers to add or take off to adapt to any situations...
Do you keep this in mind when getting dressed? (Or are we the only ones?)
Nope, not really... :mccute:
Where would you like to adventure to?
A fantasy world, with nordic undertones, like Icewindale, the middle-earth for example...
What supplies would you wanna keep in your bag? (keychain flashlight, etc.)
I always has a small knife for practical purpose (it was very useful during my studies in biology, and still is), a small purse with feminine necessities, a brush, my ID's, paper tissues...
Are there any mementos you'd like to have?
My silver ring, I have it since the beginning with my fiancé (a gift from him), I never took it off for the last 13 years...

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 16th, '13, 13:14    

kabutoottonin

Hugs: 24953
Mood: *math*
omg.. someone knows icewind dale *ahum*

what I would wear? hmm... hard to say
I always assume that if I go on an adventure, I'd get the opportunity to change my clothing into something that would fit the setting

I'd like to be an archer... with a comfy leather outfit that is easy to move around in and protects my body

(0) (0)
I'm back from wherever I was at...

1st fairy found: 09/10/2010 ~ Valentine fairy: necklace
2nd fairy found: 15/01/2011 ~ Midnight fairy: ribbon
3rd fairy found: 02/10/2011 ~ Leaf fairy: brooch
4th fairy found: 04/03/2012 ~ Flower fairy: antenna

Posted: Jan 16th, '13, 18:02    

SuperSammi

Hugs: 5118
Mood: Chipper
I'd def. choose an adventure in a fantasy world like Faerun or Narnia. My adventuring clothes would be earthen in colour and lightweight. I'd pay a wizard a handsome amount to enchant them with the finest magic protections and upgrades that money could buy. And I'd also buy some easy to use magic scrolls or potions for the road as well. And if you're wondering how I'd finance all of this, it's simple really. I'd steal from the rich and give to myself ha ha!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sammi's Bar & Grille

Posted: Jan 17th, '13, 03:24    

emilyoni

Hugs: 8185
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you guys don't think I'm crazy XD

@Aerin, yes! I totally forgot about my feminine necessities. I always make sure to keep my lip balm with me and I've been working on keeping hand cream in my purse without it exploding (I have terribly dry skin). And tweezers! My eyebrows can get really messy and you don't know how long you're gonna be there. Now that I think about it, I'd like an umbrella too.

Umbrellas can just be useful in so many situations. There's the obvious thing of the rain, and if it's one of those big ones where the end has that metal thing, you can use it as a weapon if you need to. I noticed not many people picked the apocalypse in the poll (don't blame them, I wouldn't like it either but I know some people who like the idea) and my friend and I were discussing the case of a zombie apocalypse and her choice of weapon was a crowbar and mine was an umbrella. I also read Kafka on the Shore where this guy opens up his umbrella and makes it rain fish. How cool is that? Who knows what kinds of powers those things can have!

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Jan 17th, '13, 13:50    

Amura

Hugs: 73085
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Haha, I guess if something like that every happened to me it would catch me in a tracksuit XD

But, actually, I quite agree kabuto!

I'd like to hear some light comfy leather trousers and a long sleeve cotton shirt. That would do for most of the phantasy world I've just think of.
I would be packed with a leather bag in which I could find a matching leather long jacket -just in case the weather is cold or I must sleep under a tree- and some knives which may come handy in quite many situations.
I would probably carry also some bread, which may eventually save me from starving, and a notebook and pencil to write my notes about the journey -towns I visit, plants, animals, etc.
I would be quite a cartographer :D

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jan 17th, '13, 20:43    

SuperSammi

Hugs: 5118
Mood: Chipper
@ emilyoni- LOL no one said anything about not thinking you're crazy XD j/k :qhehe:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sammi's Bar & Grille

Posted: Jan 17th, '13, 23:18    

CrazyMae

Hugs: 13976
Mood: NEED TO GO PEEEEE
Hmmm.... my Adventure Clothes would be:

Leggings under pants with tons of pockets and zippers for survival. (lol xD but it's necessary to keep warm) A tank top under a t-shirt over a long sleeved shirt. They would all be comfortable and baggy and warm. Hats and gloves and boots, too.

EDIT: Oh and my bag:

Knives
Food
Money
some sort of medicine or supplement
scissors
umbrella (yes, I agree.)
any other clothing items I could fit
matches

I can't think of more right now, though!

(0) (0)
Thanks Alezandla, Epiphany and bunnyonfire10 for the kind words, gifts and so much help! You guys are the greatest! <3

Posted: Jan 17th, '13, 23:58    

Altern

Hugs: 3082
Mood: Exams are done!
Interesting topic. I think my entire day-to-day wardrobe IS Adventure Clothes. It comes with the school/sports territory, really.

Loose pants/shorts for ease of movement, regular semi-professional looking shirt with tank top underneath, walking shoes, and a sports jacket or hoodie.

CrazyMae has some pretty good ideas for the bag. I usually have a mini First Aid kit and my regular medications. For an adventure, knives are definitely essential. Maybe a fire starter and a large reflective and waterproof tarp of some sort too for warmth, signaling and shelter.

(0) (0)

Promoting diversity and inclusion day by day.

Penny for Your Thoughts - a hangout

Materials Shop

[ 19 posts ]