Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 21 posts ] 
Honestly it makes me uncomfortable when it's sexual.
I also see people make fan characters to play with.  44%  [ 24 ]
I am making some, but I won't roleplay xD;  56%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: Roleplay
Posted: Oct 16th, '17, 05:37    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 197302
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
I like all forms of RPGs; some more than others. I've only tried tabletop once (and it came with premade characters) --that would probably be my least favorite form of RP.

Aside from that, I've always been a big fan of LoZ, Animal Crossing, and MMOs. I like being able to wander around and explore the world; see what Easter eggs I can find, or tell myself little stories while gaming, and talking to different characters. Zelda has the biggest impact on me in this way, though I get into it with MMOs as well.

As for the written kind, I've always liked writing and telling stories. Writing sometimes helps me get out of my own head by turning my perspectives to another's. I like how I'm challenged to be creative, and how I'm able to explore as far as my imagination will take me. It feels like interactive reading, and I was a pretty big reader as a kid, so I really enjoyed it. Plus, it's super fun to make up your own character and make stories for them as you please.

I feel like RPs for me now hold a lot of pressure, but at the same time, there's freedom in the stories. I'm allowed to explore different facets of my own personality in my characters, and even learn about myself through writing. I feel a lot of pride when I write an especially good post, and excitement when I come up with a good plot twist or story element, and I'm thrown into all sorts of emotions as my character faces each new situation. I also often feel connected to my partners in writing, and it's great to be able to laugh together through the different antics presented in the stories.

It's like honing a skill, and expanding on a hobby. It's a ton of fun for me.

(0) (0)

[ 21 posts ]