Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 21 posts ] 
Honestly it makes me uncomfortable when it's sexual.
I also see people make fan characters to play with.  44%  [ 24 ]
I am making some, but I won't roleplay xD;  56%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: Roleplay
Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 11:23    

Star_Dust

Hugs: 48259
Mood: Lurking
I've never been big on online rp I'm a terrible writer and I never found a way to do it but I have played dnd and i find much more casual in person rp to be pretty fun I really enjoy the whole creating characters and figuring them out part I'm just much better at it when I can do it in person and when there are built in plot points more responding to what the dm has come up with so it's a much more communal helpful thing that I really enjoy.

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams
Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Posted: Oct 23rd, '16, 19:37    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81100
I don't roleplay. I don't have the imagination for it I guess.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '16, 02:03    

Thrawn

Hugs: 91
Becoming another person in my group roleplaying game is incredibly fun. It's nice to pretend to be someone that I am not for a few hours a week. I can be skilled and attractive and have a magical house, or whatever is going on in the current game. It's just nice not to be myself for a few hours.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '16, 05:43    

IceAddict

Hugs: 5501
Mood: Mehh~~
I used to roleplay when I was a kid and played gaia online, but all the roleplays I joined died out very quickly so I just couldn't bother anymore..

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '16, 07:34    

Spirit_of_Auron

Hugs: 10749
I used to roleplay a bit several years ago, even running a pokemon text rpg site for a while. I haven't done it though in quite some time, mostly because I either would end up having times where i'd have someone getting on me for not replying in multiple paragraphs for something I felt could be stated in a shorter amount of words, or just no longer had the time for it due to other things I had to deal with.

I do enjoy it though when I can get into a roleplay i like, it's just a bit harder for me to find the right one sadly as well as dedicate the time to it anymore.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '16, 09:21    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 136167
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I used to love roleplaying, I was part of a site where there was a small community and we all built our characters together over a course of several years. What eventually began to put me off was firstly people leaving the site, so there weren't enough characters to play with. I started looking elsewhere at other sites but couldn't find people of the same standard or a community that felt as strong. Then as it started to die down, it was the pressure. I don't always have time to make mosts, especially not good posts. So eventually I just stopped and left the threads to die.

It was an amazing time while it lasted though, I wish I had time to still do it. It developed me as a writer so much and gave me practice that I sorely needed. I also made a lot of friends that way, and strengthened relationships with the friends I did have.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 26th, '16, 13:19    

Ziraous

Hugs: 5964
Mood: Springy
I too use to roleplay. It was a paragraph fighting roleplay chat. Basically everyone had their own villages and such and there were people at war and you had 3-10 paragraph long 1 post battls that went on for hours. That was like 10 years ago though.

Nowadays I don't roleplay much but when I do it is with Dungeons and Dragons. I use to larp, but there isn;t a community around here for that.

I like the fact of living in a world of elves and magic. <3

(0) (0)
First Fairy Found on 10/30/23 4:13pm
Lvє Mє Fr Mє
*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*
Wishlist Items
Image Image ImageImage Image

Posted: Oct 27th, '16, 04:58    

-Leo-

Hugs: 47973
Mood: Ta-ta!
For me roleplaying didn't do much as a writer (mostly it held me back. Only after moving to fanfiction can I say I have actually learned something outside my original fiction). What I did learn however was creating characters (that's the only thing I'm glad to have learned from that, but I would've learned it just the same through the regular writing) and getting rid of many annoying traits. Like, you know, that whole Mary Sue thing, among some other things. I also learned to hate with passion everything magical and all the non human creatures, and became rather bored towards most things romantic as far as reading and writing stories goes...

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Posted: Oct 27th, '16, 10:07    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 136167
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Knowing how to create characters is an important part of the writing craft.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Nov 14th, '16, 07:57    

light_sucks

Hugs: 163473
Mood: vaguely alive
I only roleplay when I'm playing Dungeons and Dragons. I don't think that I'm very good at it yet. I really need to practice more. lol.

I like it because you get to pretend to be something/someone else. And unlike in video games you can pretty much do whatever you want.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

[ 21 posts ]