Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 19 posts ] 
Where would you like to have your adventure?
Some kind of fantasy world  31%  [ 75 ]
Jump on a train and see where it takes me  9%  [ 22 ]
Another country  9%  [ 23 ]
Across my country  6%  [ 14 ]
Some kind of apocalyptic situation  5%  [ 12 ]
Anywhere as long as it's warm  7%  [ 17 ]
Anywhere as long as it's cold  3%  [ 8 ]
Anywhere where I can get my food points  30%  [ 73 ]
Total votes : 244
 Post subject: Re: Adventure Clothes
Posted: Jan 18th, '13, 01:29    

emilyoni

Hugs: 8185
@supersammi So you guys DO think I'm crazy! XP I see how it is!

Ooh matches are a good thing too! I always have my lighter with me (advantages of being a smoker, but I make sure I don't get too addicted 'cause what if I end up somewhere they don't have smokes?).

One day when I no longer live with my parents and actually can, I wanna go on an adventure by hopping on a GO bus or something and just seeing where it takes me. And then my lifelong thoughts about adventure clothes will come in handy! My only concern is clean underwear...

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Jan 18th, '13, 04:47    

Moi

Hugs: 337712
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I usually just wear a t-shirt and capris with sandals.
So I guess my adventure attire would be no different.

However I would love a fantasy type outfit if I were to fall into another world.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jan 18th, '13, 09:42    

Amura

Hugs: 73090
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
@emilyoni:
Whoha, you made me remember this classmate of mine, when we studied in the university.
We had a week off, so he packed a few essential things and went to the airport.
- Please I want a ticket for the next flight.
- Destination?
- Anywhere! Just the one who takes off sooner!
- O.o'

And he did. He had no idea if he were to travel to a cold or warm place nor what he would do there, not even which language they would speak in their destination XD

But he's a kinda crazy adventorous guy ^^

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jan 20th, '13, 21:14    

SuperSammi

Hugs: 5118
Mood: Chipper
But crazy is the best way to be xD

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sammi's Bar & Grille

Posted: Feb 1st, '13, 02:21    

Miki-Pi

Hugs: 40629
Mood: Chillin~Im back on here!!!
So what would your adventure clothes be?
Do you keep this in mind when getting dressed? (Or are we the only ones?)
Where would you like to adventure to?
What supplies would you wanna keep in your bag? (keychain flashlight, etc.)
Are there any mementos you'd like to have?

Well this is pretty interesting topic to say the least. I have many times thought of something like this, cause as u say they never have time to grab a change of clothes. Like I think good adventure clothes might be a durable body suit of some kind. Like maybe cat woman's suit from the newest batman but only less slutty with more pockets and attachments u could hook things on. If that makes sense.
As, for keeping it in mind when I get dressed~no, cause I work almost everyday so I dress in dressy work clothes.
I would really like to adventure in a beautiful fantasy world
Supplies in my purse~I do have many flashlights and mace. I want to get like a small multi~tool
I don't think I would need mementos. LOL

(0) (0)
I need: 6 Groundsel, 40 Gold Ore, 47 Bubbles
Heine_Ram wrote:xD Stay Nyappy nyappy nyappy MIKI-pun!

Posted: Nov 10th, '17, 08:08    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 197415
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Aha, this is a pretty interesting topic. I used to think a lot about these kinds of things, especially during my childhood and teen years. I still wonder about it now, but to a lesser degree.

So what would your adventure clothes be?

I would definitely need some kind of jacket to keep out the wind, but one that isn't so heavy that it'd become a burden. The best one I have for that is this polka-dot one (not really my taste, but I wear it for practical reason.)

I'd also definitely go for a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Nothing fancy --it's all about being comfortable.

Do you keep this in mind when getting dressed?

Not as much, recently. Mostly, I'm thinking about how to cycle my clothes evenly so I don't keep wearing my five favorite shirts over and over when there are others to choose from. XD

Where would you like to adventure to?

An alternate realm would be cool, if magic was involved. Uhh, big nope on Stranger Things' Upside Down world, though.

What supplies would you wanna keep in your bag?

I usually have a ton of stuff in my backpack. I recently cleaned it out and swapped for a smaller backpack (with less pockets). Currently, it has chap stick, hand sanitizer, keys, a water bottle, my wallet. I also keep band-aids in my phone case (my phone goes into the backpack when I'm out) and/or in my wallet. I also sometimes carry a book and snacks too, and an external battery. All useful stuff.

Are there any mementos you'd like to have?

Stuff I have on me? Uhh, I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to swap something with a native from another world, but I don't usually carry stuff that isn't in someway useful. I guess I'll have to look into that when I get there. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 10th, '17, 16:14    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 7415
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Adventure clothes: something comfortable. T-shirt and shorts in warm areas, pants and hoodie in colder areas. In a fantasy universe, something not too tight nor too loose. And always my hat
Dressing: LOL no I don't
Adventure to: on this planet, the world. At the very least, Italy (family heritage) and Japan (fascinating history). If we mean changing worlds, somewhere a bit colder. I can't handle heat that well
Supplies: food. Water. Bedroll. Necessary supplies. In the real world, tampons. In a fantasy world, assuming periods don't happen, or there's a charm to stop them, that
Mementos: nah. I don't wear jewelry and lose it easily as a result

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Nov 11th, '17, 04:28    

Firefoxflare

Hugs: 11676
Mood: I'm back baby
Button up pettie coat with a normal shirt on, my favorite pair of blue genes and boots.
My bag is a over the shoulder one but I think I would opt for a backpack fpr a long adventure.

(0) (0)
Missing! 29 *yikes* offering 7 FC for a water gen 1
Any lvl any element.
I love her!
First fairy every!Server time: Apr 6th, '12, 13:39[/align]

Posted: Nov 11th, '17, 05:39    

JosieQ

Hugs: 89244
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
This is cute, and your topic is cute, and you are cute. ^-^

It is absolutely important to always be ready for an adventure! I always go out with several pieces of important jewelry, and my (giant) purse stuffed with things I'd need for an adventure, which for me involves:

Multiple pens and drawing/writing materials
Laptop (fully charged, always)
Batteries and chargers just in case anyway
Snacks
Small flashlight, USB rechargeable

My bag too has tons of pockets. If it doesn't have a million pockets, I'M NOT INTERESTED I WILL BURN IT.

My adventure-readiness probably stems mostly out of a fear that an apocalypse might start, or at the very least my car might break down and leave me stranded somewhere for a long time.

I always dress comfortably but sadly I don't own any adventuring pants. I've actually been looking to buy them but can't find any good ones. (By "adventuring pants" I mean cargo-type pants with lots of pockets that also don't look all frumpy like cargo pants tend to look. So far I've struck out.) I do have a nice flowy skirt that has giant pockets, so that's something.

I would love love love to ride a train, like every day, like right now, like LIVE on a train! Recently I was doing research to see if I could go on a train-vacation where you get a sleeper car and just ride across the state or something, but most of them GO somewhere. (And also are expensive.) It's a shame they had to kill the train industry. DX

Sometimes I'll go for a short trip to the grocery store or something, and I only bring my wallet, and I feel naked and vulnerable without my just-in-case stuff. That ever happen with you?

(0) (0)

[ 19 posts ]