No  43%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Re: The 2023 Reading Challenge
Posted: Feb 28th, '23, 13:34    

memoriam

Hugs: 217242
Mood: Mood.
That's indeed really nice to get a reply like this :mccute:

I'd like to start The Picture of Dorian Gray. But also would love to explore runes more. And I'm scared to read two books at once :mcheh: Especially I can't really read while commuting to and from work, because I get motion sickness. So I'm left with reading at home and I have so much work to do :mcargh:

(0) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Mar 4th, '23, 20:08    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77998
I just finished reading Katherine by Anya Seton. I loved it. It was about Katherine Swynford.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 2nd, '23, 17:14    

Rubie

Hugs: 137231
Sooo I haven't posted in here for a while. I haven't really been reading until the past month where a fire got lit under my butt. So I'll just post a short list of what I've read/finished.

1. We Have Always Been Here by Lena Nguyen. (I do not remember if I ever posted this here.)
It was an okay read. It is a sci-fi and felt more psychological than mystery to me. 3/5 because it was still an interesting read.

2. Questland by Carrie Vaughn
I didn't like this very much. I still rated it 2/5, but the main character was annoying. The author tried to write the nerdiest character, but honestly just the dialogue was really cringey to me. Not like I know people who are deep in fandoms don't talk like that, but I couldn't get passed that. And the pace was bad imho, but it was a short book so I'm not complaining to hard on that.

3. Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan
This book I shamefully took almost a year to read. I don't know why. It was really enjoyable and if anyone likes Chinese inspired fantasy I would recommend it. 4/5

4. The Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill
Random ebook I borrowed from the library that sounded good by the synopsis. It was labeled as mystery, but honestly felt more like studying the characters in the book than being a mystery. I did like the way it was presented. As you are the reader reading the chapters as they were being written and the tiny snippets from the "pen pal" the chapters are being sent to. It did have me guessing who the killer was. 3/5

5. The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
Another ebook I randomly borrowed from my library for no other reason than I haven't read romance in years. Turns out I'm not wholly a big fan of pure romance. Luckily there wasn't that much in here. It was still a nice short read. 3/5

I am currently reading Godkiller by Hannah Kaner. Not that far into it yet, but I really like how one of the main characters is a female with a prosthetic leg and a gold tooth.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Oct 8th, '23, 16:45    

AsheSkyler

Hugs: 12713
Facebook: AsheSkylerArt
Twitter: asheskyler
I've got a Halloween reading list of my old Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark collection, a few classic monster books like Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster, some Bruce Coville works, and top it off with Edgar Allen Poe and HP Lovecraft. Reread Dracula last month, so that's one book off the list.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 9th, '23, 03:22    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77998
I've been reading a lot lately. I went way past my goal for the year. I've been reading a series about Henry VIII's wives. I'm almost done with book/wife number 4.

(0) (0)

[ 65 posts ]