New Thread to Post in!  10%  [ 8 ]
Food Points from this Poll!  30%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject: Re: THE TIME CAPSULE (Shop Open, FC Waiting List, Contest Ov
Posted: Apr 13th, '22, 09:21    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105185
Mood: spiritual
Glad you were able to sleep well plus arrive in time for work!
Ooh what did you bake?

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 13th, '22, 18:05    

Akili Li

Hugs: 228790
Mood: contemplative
Wait, "got tagged by the oven" is a phrase I'm not familiar with, Rehgai, what does it mean?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 03:25    

Rehgai

Hugs: 20771
Mynah wrote:Glad you were able to sleep well plus arrive in time for work!
Ooh what did you bake?
I work for a restaurant that serves fresh bread. I normally serve, but because of my previous experience, I can do most positions. Not always well, but it is better than if no one was there.
I also made croutons! I always hear about people burning them, and I did leave one pan in too long, but only 1 out of 20 trays got kicked, so I'm quite satisfied! I did run late on bread (takes 10 minutes to cook, and didn't have bread for 5 minutes) but only happened once, and got myself caught up!
Akili Li wrote:Wait, "got tagged by the oven" is a phrase I'm not familiar with, Rehgai, what does it mean?
Haha, tagging is when you hit the hot surface of the oven, normally the door, and get a minor burn. It tends to be only a 1st or 2nd degree burn because you flinch away pretty quickly. A lot of kitchen folk have them, and I view my little one as a badge of honor, since I'm not a kitchen person!

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 09:26    

Amura

Hugs: 66299
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
I only bake at home and I've got "tagged by the oven" as you say.
But in my case it's not a badge of honor, it's a proof of total clumsiness :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 17:09    

Neith

Hugs: 54188
Hey ! Can I have 2 fc slots too pleasu ? :mctongue:

I tend to burn myself pretty often too but just like Amura it's mostly because I'm clumsy x)
Like when I mindlessly touch with bare hand the burnin hot plate coming right out of the oven because who the hell need gloves ? (I may have put a metal knive in a working toaster too, ohhh the electric shock)
It's not like I wasn't cooking pretty much everyday but well :mcargh: I like to live dangerously :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
CONTEST IS CLOSED

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 18:42    

Akili Li

Ooooh, yes, I do that all the time too! That's why there are three aloe plants in my kitchen.
But I'm also in the "I'm just clumsy" camp, ha ha, I don't have the excuse of trying to be super efficient at work or anything and getting too busy, I'm just careless.

So now there's a phrase for it!

New vocabulary unlocked :qsml: (Along with "thurifer" which I ran across for the first time today, and "mirific" which was also a new word to me)

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 19:26    

Rehgai

Hugs: 20771
Oh, we are all on the Clumsy boat! I rolled my ankle while just standing still once. I'm truly shocked, with how often I wander into the kitchen at work, it has taken me 10 years to get tagged finally.

Akili, those two words are new to me too! I'm excited to learn them!!

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 19:36    

Akili Li

Ha ha ha, yes, I remember my doctor once was concerned that I might have skin cancer. I got all alarmed but then saw she was looking at the back of my hand.

Not cancer, just healing oven burns.
>.<

Then I had to sit through a lecture on how I was supposed to ice right away and not wait until I'd finished transferring cookies and decorated the next batch.

"Are cookies more important than your health? Wait! Don't answer that! Let me tell you! Your health is more important than cookies!"

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 23:11    

Neith

Hugs: 54188
Oh Rehgaiiiii same !! I feel you !! I did that too and one month later, still paying attention to that ankle almost recovered and.... I did the same to the OTHER one ! let's say i had two week walking like an idiot and then still payin attention for another set of weeks.
I was very angry at people who told me that it was because of the crazy heels i always wear though so when I hurt the other ankle with totally flat shoes I was like "YES YOU SEE ! I CAN walk with heels, i'm just a dummy in any shoe"

And Aki, I get the thing when you don't do it RIGHT away, but if you wait for the entire batch of cake to end; your doctor is sooooooo right when he scolds you :mcargh: :mcargh: come on girl !!
and the whole hand ! how do you even do that :mcargh: :mcargh:

(0) (0)
CONTEST IS CLOSED

Posted: Apr 14th, '22, 23:26    

Akili Li

Wait, no, it's not as bad as it sounds!
It wasn't like the WHOLE whole hand, it was just a band across the back of one of them where I hit the top of it against the bottom of the rack above the one where I was pulling cookies out from, and then of course I yanked the hand away and caught the left side of the back of the hand against the open oven door, because of course.
And I swear I switched right away to holding that tray of cookies with just the one non-burned hand.
But when I put them down, I automatically stuck the next tray of cookies in before I shut the oven door again, and then of course you have to transfer the ones you just took out onto cooling racks so they don't stick to the tray, and by the time that was done I realized I hadn't looked at the clock.
So unless I wanted cookies to BURN, of COURSE I had to immediately decorate the next batch of them! Because that's the perfect timing to tell you. When you're done decorating, it's time to take the next batch of cookies out, and you know they won't be overdone or underdone.
And at THAT time I remembered to stop and ice, see?
So it was totally a thing anyone would do!!

Anyhow how does this rolling the ankle thing work?
Is that just the one where you stop and tilt your foot in so the outside of your ankle is on the ground? I do that a lot just to stretch my feet out but you can't mean that, because you're acting like it's an injury? And not a stretch?
So what is rolling your ankle?

(0) (0)

[ 260 posts ]