Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 116 posts ] 
food?
nom nom  27%  [ 10 ]
:food:  73%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Re: sock's den (everyone is welcome!) (new)
Posted: Mar 26th, '21, 18:31    

Focsie

Hugs: 27255
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
@Moi me too! i lost count of how many times i started desperately looking for my phone while calling someone and telling them about it. and it's even funnier when they tell me to look under my pillow or that maybe i left it in the bathroom :mclol:

they do, i mean every cat is different but it usually takes time for a cat to start trusting a new family, dogs seem to be happy around anybody all the time haha.
i'm so sorry people were so mean to you! :( i've had a hard time too my whole life with people being mean for no reason. i stopped trying to understand why because that always led to me thinking i needed to change something about myself to stop people from being mean to me. i focused on myself, moved on with my life, met new people who are great and truly care about me, and now everything's a bit better. asking for help is really important sometimes. it's a real pain in the ass going back to the small town i grew up in for the holidays... but at least i'll get to see my cat! and i usually take the opportunity to show people that despite everything that happened i moved on and have a successful future ahead of me, while they're exactly the same shitty people from when i left and spend their time gossiping about me :mcwink:

i hope you meet nicer people in your life too :qh: but i would trade being good at making friends with being good with animals, at least they're honest :mclol:

(1) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 02:24    

Moi

Hugs: 328215
Mood: Know you're not alone.

kenma: I think I'm pretty much going to stay this way. I've been like this for so long. I mean...I don't hate all people. People can be good and bad. I know not everyone is bad, but when you have come across so many people who just treated you like garbage, you try to stay away from people.

I actually told my parents and my aunt about certain parts of my past in recent years where people were mean to me and they said "Why didn't you tell us!?"
-shrugs- xD

Saphira: You ever had someone leave their phone behind and you're like "They left their phone here - I need to call them and tell them u8"
I do that a lot xD;

It feels nice when they do trust you x3
I used to think it was my fault people were mean to me.
I didn't tell them to screw off or stand up for myself, so it's my fault.
I don't think that anymore. If someone is mean to me, it's their fault - not mine Bu
I'm glad you're in a better position now and have positivity u8

Also, here's a picture my mom took of Momo u8/

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 07:26    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105136
Mood: spiritual
i was blamed as a child for my brother bullying me. i was told that it was my fault for 'letting him' bully me- the adults i went to for help told me this! but he was younger than me and cute so they couldn't comprehend that he was so much stronger than me that i couldn't defend myself. he would shut drawers on my fingers and things like that. the one time i DID defend myself, i was made to apologise for leaving bruises on him, even though he left bruises on me first. and he didn't have to apologise for leaving bruises on me.

anyway, i don't think of him as my brother and now my family, especially relatives, sometimes guilt trip me for not having a better relationship with him. (they don't guilt him though, lol. it's me who has to make the effort apparently. well i won't.) i'll be glad to never see him again and forget he ever existed.

(1) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 12:44    

Focsie

Hugs: 27255
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
Mynah wrote:i was blamed as a child for my brother bullying me. i was told that it was my fault for 'letting him' bully me- the adults i went to for help told me this! but he was younger than me and cute so they couldn't comprehend that he was so much stronger than me that i couldn't defend myself. he would shut drawers on my fingers and things like that. the one time i DID defend myself, i was made to apologise for leaving bruises on him, even though he left bruises on me first. and he didn't have to apologise for leaving bruises on me.

anyway, i don't think of him as my brother and now my family, especially relatives, sometimes guilt trip me for not having a better relationship with him. (they don't guilt him though, lol. it's me who has to make the effort apparently. well i won't.) i'll be glad to never see him again and forget he ever existed.
aargh i'm so sorry you had to deal with this! i've noticed adults rarely side with the kids having a hard time. parents, teachers, professors, they always tell you to not fight back or you'll be as guilty as the bullies are, but that's exactly what makes you get more bullied! (and bullies don't get punished anyway so) i was also taught my whole life to keep my mouth shut and just "endure it" to not get in trouble. but it made me have to deal with so many psychological issues right now, i'm just starting to stand up for myself when people cut the line at the post office. it's so hard! :(

i was considered a jerk when i started talking back to people disrespecting me, but i'm glad i did those few times. i don't have any kind of relationship with any family member or childhood friend, but i'm really glad i don't have them in my life anymore. i only visit my mother for the holidays occasionally, since she's still helping me financially until i finish my studies, but i basically don't have a "family" anymore.
i'm still the jerk for moving on with my life and not having a good relationship with my relatives too but i really don't care to be honest, i won't make an effort to forgive people who made my life so miserable. i surrounded myself with great friends that i consider my true family and i wouldn't trade it for any other way. never believe who tells you family is people you share blood with, family is love and respect! :mchappy: :qh:

(2) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 20:31    

kenma

Hugs: 20512
Mood: obsessed with genshin lore
Moi wrote: I've been like this for so long. I mean...I don't hate all people. People can be good and bad. I know not everyone is bad, but when you have come across so many people who just treated you like garbage, you try to stay away from people.
oh yeah i get that. i don't necessarily try to stay away rather i'm always very careful when approaching people and find it very hard to be trusting and form bonds. just in case they turn out to be shitty i guess. everyone takes things differently and sometimes i wonder how certain people keep at it, and manage to be trusting and stuff even after countless bad experiences. i don't really know if i'm sad for them for being so naive, or if i envy their attitude and ability to keep trying.
Moi wrote:I used to think it was my fault people were mean to me.
I didn't tell them to screw off or stand up for myself, so it's my fault.
i feel this sm, i think my life would have been at least 40% better if i dropped that attitude earlier. sometimes it still gets to me though, it just kind of got etched into my brain that maybe everything is my fault. but yeah, it's almost never your fault. people choose to be mean. they don't always have a reason. and often the reason is their own problems or attitude.
Saphira wrote: i surrounded myself with great friends that i consider my true family and i wouldn't trade it for any other way. never believe who tells you family is people you share blood with, family is love and respect!
i feel like this here is so important. I agree wholeheartedly. @Mynah don't ever let them guilt you intro doing something that makes you uncomfortable. it's ridiculous how people can't comprehend that, sometimes, trying to patch things up is not the best thing to do. especially if either party is unwilling do admit their faults or simply to forgive. people forget that you don't always have to accept an apology, even if it's the "polite" thing to do. i really hope that they will eventually drop it and let you be. cause really, they're just being insensitive jerks towards you.

(1) (0)
come hangout with me: sock's den
knuffel * personal quests * official quest log * genshin UID 718962443

looking for 1 x darkness potion

❝I'm not very good with people, and I don't want to interact with them. And yet I'm very concerned about what others think of me.❞ - kozume kenma.

Posted: Mar 28th, '21, 02:03    

Moi

Mynah: That's such bullshit >Bu
I used to get told I'm a big crybaby when people would hurt my feelings and I'd get told to get over it.
No one ever said "Hey, they need to stop being mean to her!" I was just a crybaby because people hurt my feelings Bu

I don't think violence is the answer 98% of the time, but when someone gets sick and tired of putting up with shit and when someone puts their hands on them - I think it's okay to deck them Bu
It's like what I said in another thread - this girl was bullying my sister's friend by pulling on her hair and calling her a bitch. She did it to my sister and my sister slapped her arm away and said not to touch her. My sister got detention for it.
Like sorry, I don't think she did anything wrong. The other kid should have kept her hands to herself and not have been bullying >__>

Some people just need some sense knocked into them. They don't seem to comprehend words Bu

Saphira: I hate how people seem to think that family always comes first and you have to get along with them. Sometimes "strangers online" make better family members xD

kenma: Dogs can be similar. There's been dogs that have known nothing but abuse but are always happy when a human shows them attention. Some dogs become hostile and don't trust people, but it's really...endearing for an animal to continue to trust people despite being abused.

People just see someone they can take advantage of and do it.
It's 100% predatory behavior and the victim is blamed. It's bullshit.
There was this channel I used to watch on Youtube and they posted a video discussing this cult in Hollywood that was exposed some years back.
Well, one of the guys basically said that if you're dumb enough to get tricked into joining a cult, it's your fault.
This other person said "Did you just victim blame?" and he said "No! That's not what I said!"
That is EXACTLY what you just said >___>
There was no way to misunderstand you.
I instantly disliked the video and unsubscribed.

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Mar 28th, '21, 08:17    

chuunibyou

yeah found family is a thing because families and adults so often fail children. i'm so glad for my friends too.

people expecting the victims to not even defend themselves extends to politics. people are all 'protests should be violent!' when the protest is about state violence or police violence lol. and when police are violent towards the protesters the protest is still supposed to be nonviolent. like hello? nonviolence only works as long as the police uses violence on your behalf to protect you, not against you. once they use it against you the law doesn't apply to you anymore and you can be as violent as you like because it's a kill or get killed situation.

i hate when people say they're not saying x and they say exactly that. or they go 'i don't want to victimblame but' or 'i don't want to sound racist but' or 'no offense but' and that BUT means they're doing exactly what they SAY they're trying not to lol.

(1) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 28th, '21, 21:41    

Moi

Being a parent isn't easy and I'd never be one because of it, but parents tend to just...protect their kids even when their kids are wrong.
I remember someone saying "If I was a parent, I wouldn't snitch on my own kids!" when they heard this mother turned her son in because he was a rapist/murderer.
Like...You would allow your child to continue to destroy the lives of others? Glad you're not a parent too because you'd be a shitty one Bu
Sorry, I'd always love my child but they ain't getting away with being a menace to society.
They made their bed and they'll sleep in it.

I find it sad that people want to protest and not be violent, but then people on the other side will be violent and something bad will happen and the people will blame the protesters when they didn't start it.
Then you got people protesting that DO want to be violent and then all the protesters get blamed.
I hate generalizing a whole group of people.
You're __ so that means all __ are bad!
Like...NO???
Until you meet every single person like that, you don't have shit to say about everyone.
As someone from Texas, I've heard people say a lot of nasty things about everyone who lives in Texas and it's not true >Bu

EXACTLY >Bu
I hate when people say "No offense" then follow up with something offensive.
Like...Why bother? You know you're going to offend someone, don't try to negate the consequences.
And people in the US love to say "I HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH SO I CAN SAY ANYTHING I WANT!"
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences.
If you want to be a racist piece of garbage, you can be. But you can also get punched in your hate spewing mouth 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Mar 29th, '21, 12:10    

chuunibyou

the funny thing is that the protests were about police violence. about police killing the people they're supposed to protect. so if the protests WERE violent they'd still be justified because hello! the govt and police that are supposed to protect them by being violent ON THEIR BEHALF are being violent AGAINST THEM, so they have to protect themselves- by being violent! (basically people gave up their own right to be violent, to the govt. so the govt can shoot, jail, and hang people as long as it's to protect the people who gave up the right to protect themselves through violence. once the govt breaks this deal though, the deal's off.)
basically, if they decided to keep the protest nonviolent that is a FAVOUR they're doing. they'd be better off protesting violently. stonewall was a riot, etc.
people forget that most of the good things and privileges we have today came because of protests. they praise the protests in the past, but vilify anyone who protests to make things better today.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 29th, '21, 21:19    

Moi

I'm a huge true crime fan and there's been many times where the government failed to protect the people they're supposed to.
A lot of times it's privilege and wealth and connections.

This woman was murdered by a police officer who felt that she should have been with the woman's husband instead. So she killed the woman. She got away with it for a long time and when this woman started working on the case, she noticed the officer was suspicious, but the police pretty much threatened her to stop working on the case.
They KNEW the officer was involved, but they protected her.
Which is bullshit.
As the police, your job is to protect the citizens, not your cop buddies who do illegal shit.

(2) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

[ 116 posts ]