Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 116 posts ] 
food?
nom nom  27%  [ 10 ]
:food:  73%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Re: sock's den (everyone is welcome!) (new)
Posted: Apr 6th, '21, 08:55    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105157
Mood: spiritual
ACAB indeed.

kenma, i just saw your signature and realised your username is from haikyuu :mclove: I LOVE THAT SHOW!

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 7th, '21, 04:36    

Moi

Hugs: 328231
Mood: Know you're not alone.

My mom was watching this show yesterday that involved crooked cops.
Into all kinds of bad stuff.
Luckily he got...killed.
Not really good to say that, but there's no telling how much damage he caused and how much more he could have caused.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Apr 8th, '21, 22:17    

Focsie

Hugs: 27262
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
ugh acab indeed, i can't believe how many people fail to realize how corrupt the police is. i've been reading the news way too much lately and everyday i get more sad and hopeless because the world is a very crappy place to live in :mcsad:

i'm having a rough time lately, i need like a 100 hour nap :mcsleepy:
i hope everyone else is doing well! :qh:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Apr 8th, '21, 22:35    

Moi

And what's worse is that there are good cops out there. I remember a family member of mine going through rough times and they were high and drunk and went to a church. Someone called the police and this cop took my family member to another family member's house so they could take care of them.
The cop could have easily took them to jail, but he didn't.
He took them to someone who would care for them instead.
There are people who become cops to do good and some that enjoy the power they get and abuse it.
It's disgusting and sad but there are some who are good and want to do good.

I feel you there. It feels like I don't get enough sleep. I mean, I know I don't because of medical issues but u8

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Apr 11th, '21, 23:00    

kenma

Hugs: 20518
Mood: obsessed with genshin lore
as all of you have already said: acab. acab indeed.

fact is, that whataver reason they have for joining the police they are complicit. some cops are good, yes. but all cops are complicit in upholding a corrupt system.

honestly im aware that a lot of bad things are happening, but im so tired that i don't have the energy to keep up with it especially when it hits very close to my chore beliefs or if it concerns my own country. i think sometimes it's just better to step aside and give yourself some space. we can't really fight if we don't let ourselves gain the strength to do so, can we?

@Mynah : yes it is!! i used to love haikyuu. I'm quite behind with the manga and probably still haven't watched some new anime episodes but it has been my comfort show for a long time. I'm trying to get back into it recently since the manga is finished at this point. i sooo want to know how the story ends :mcsquee:
i just need to find the time to read it, but i really miss it a lot. kenma is my favorite character since the first time i saw him. he really resonates with me. i even cosplayed him. i obviously couldn't resist that hahahah

(0) (0)
come hangout with me: sock's den
knuffel * personal quests * official quest log * genshin UID 718962443

looking for 1 x darkness potion

❝I'm not very good with people, and I don't want to interact with them. And yet I'm very concerned about what others think of me.❞ - kozume kenma.

Posted: Apr 11th, '21, 23:09    

Focsie

Moi wrote:

I feel you there. It feels like I don't get enough sleep. I mean, I know I don't because of medical issues but u8
i'm so sorry you're not sleeping well it truly is a curse :mcgloom:
lately i feel so tired during the day i can barely cook something that takes more than 10 minutes to prepare. but then i can't rest at night! it's not that i can't sleep, it's just that i keep having nightmares and it takes me a couple hours to get back to sleep every time! and suddenly it's 8am and it doesn't make sense to try and stay in bed anymore.
get up tired, repeat. i really do need that 100 hours nap rn :mcsleepy:
kenma wrote: honestly im aware that a lot of bad things are happening, but im so tired that i don't have the energy to keep up with it especially when it hits very close to my chore beliefs or if it concerns my own country. i think sometimes it's just better to step aside and give yourself some space. we can't really fight if we don't let ourselves gain the strength to do so, can we?
i know you're right and we really should give ourselves some space, but sometimes it feels like all this horrible stuff is being thrown at my face at once and it's hard not to get frustrated.. i'm trying to focus all my energies into my projects, so that there isn't space for anything else. so far i'd say it's kinda working, but i'm exhausted :mcdead:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...

Posted: Apr 12th, '21, 02:18    

Moi

I think my brain is fried from the lack of sleep for numerous years.
It's either that or I have Fibromyalgia or even both.
Since I have Sleep Apnea, I stop breathing for periods of time, and I asked my doctor if he thought that might have caused some damage to my brain because when your brain lacks oxygen - it can get damaged.
He told me it's very possible and even if I were to improve my sleeping, the damage has been done so there's no fixing it.
Which is upsetting xD

When I couldn't sleep because I got taken off my Ambien, I did a lot of research on sleep, trying to find a way to sleep.
I learned that it doesn't matter how much you sleep if you don't get the quality of sleep you need.
If you sleep for 8 hours, but only get good sleep for 2, you're going to be tired.
If you sleep for 12 hours but only get good sleep for 2, you're going to be tired.
People think "You slept long enough so you shouldn't be tired!" but that's not how it works.
I also learned that not sleeping adds up and can have really serious side effects.
There's times where I'm riding in the car and I just zone out.
I don't hear or see or feel anything that's going on.
It's like I get unplugged and I'm just turned off.
I believe it's from my years of lack of quality sleep.
And that's dangerous. What if I was driving and that happened? I'd cause an accident.
I remember this video that was playing at the sleep clinic where this man fell asleep at the wheel and he caused a car accident that killed people.
Not sleeping good is a serious issue.

On top of my Sleep Apnea, I have Restless Leg Syndrome and an iron deficiency which all make me tired.
I also think I might have Fibromyalgia
I'm 32, but have been feeling like I'm in my 60s.

TLDR - I'm just always tired and get told I have no reason to be tired xD

I have family members, including my parents, who are like "F*** the police!"
My parents were addicts back in the day and talk about cops and people who snitched on them and such. So they aren't overly fond of the police.
I remember this guy trying to break into our car to get to me.
I was able to show this woman I needed help and she ran inside and got some of the workers to come help me.
The guy ended up punching the manager in the face.
Finally, the police got there and tried to make out like it was my mom's fault for leaving two KIDS in the car alone.
Only issue was I was like 21. Not a kid. This guy tried to break into our car, punched a worker, and they let him go because he didn't cause any harm.
..........Didn't cause any harm. Okay. He only PUNCHED someone and left me with lifelong PTSD but yeah Bu

I honestly can't stand that people have to fear the police.
Police are supposed to protect you, not kill you for no reason.
I'll never forget this guy being pulled over by a cop and the cop just opened fire on him inside the car.
There was a woman and a CHILD in the car too and he just freaked out and shot the guy.
The guy died and the woman got it all on camera.
The guy was a black man, but he reminded me so much of my dad with the longer hair and beard and mustache so it hurt worse for me to see that video.
And he shouldn't have died. No one should die because the police that shoot them are cowards or high on power. It's abhorrent.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Apr 12th, '21, 12:18    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105157
Mood: spiritual
i do think we need to balance being aware about things happening with consideration for our own mental health.

some of the things we do in response to bad stuff happening is useful. but other stuff is useless. like arguing with bigots. especially on the internet. i just don't engage.

haikyuu is a comfort show for me too. i wish i could forget the show and watch it again as if for the first time :qsml:

(1) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 13th, '21, 02:04    

Moi

Yeah, arguing with people who refuse to listen and change is pointless.
I always remember someone saying "Don't waste your time arguing with an idiot!" xD

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Apr 16th, '21, 20:17    

Focsie

yeah i usually don't even bother fighting with ignorant people online, but in real life is a whole different story. i had always been the type of person to never say anything back in fear of being picked on, and would rather ignore someone if i didn't agree with them, until recently. now i started adopting what i call a "zero bullshit policy" :mclol:
i learned that it's important to speak up for ourselves and others.

for example at my uni people often complain about, or make fun of, asian students.
the old me would have probably not said anything but i refused to silently be a part of it, and i called out people for being racist. same thing with mysoginists, who always feel like they can say anything because no one calls them out on their behaviour. at first i was scared i'd be making myself unlikeable in this new environment, but i discovered people would actually agree with me, but didn't want to say anything at first, sometimes even the ones who were talking shit at the beginning realize how wrong what they were saying is, after thinking about it!

the secret is to make the racists/mysoginists etc. angry and uncomfortable, while not letting myself be bothered by it. otherwise they'd never stop saying these things, thinking everyone agrees with them. i used to let it slide and just get very angry thinking about it for the rest of the day, but now? hell no. YOU get angry for the rest of the week for being called out because you're an ignorant idiot george. i spoke my mind and will go on with the rest of my day thinking i did the right thing at least.
(even though some people might not like it) :mcheh:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...

[ 116 posts ]