Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 53 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss
Posted: Aug 16th, '20, 18:44    

Zupprika

Hugs: 179589
Mood: tired
I've been trying to lose weight for a while now, and the only thing that seems to work for me is the CICO method (Calories in Calories out). Basically you count calories on everything you eat. There's no restrictions of what type of food you can eat, as long as you stay within the limit. Of course, you have to make sure you eat a bit of everything, but it isn't forbidden to eat chips or chocolate for example. I used a site to calculate a healthy amount of calories for weight loss, joined a wightloss discord server and use an app for calorie counting.
I've been losting weight consistently for a few weeks now. I have clear rules about my food, I have people that support me, and the results are there (so far).

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Oct 1st, '20, 02:20    

Bramblelegs

Hugs: 29888
Mood: bonk
Body weight has been a big insecurity of mine since I was 11. In grade school i was bullied for my weight at one point, and i feel like it's kinda became a constant thing hanging over me for more than half of my life. I've had ups and downs, and at one point a pretty severe down where i just was not coping well at all and did everything wrong. I can at least say i'm better now, and i've come to terms with a few things about myself and learned to love my body and even feel good about it.

I'm 5'8 (173cm), and tend to fluctuate in weight from 190-210lbs. Which is a big amount to fluctuate lol. I'm not tiny in frame, i've got rather wide hips and so i tend to carry all my weight in my lower stomach and thighs. I like to describe myself as sturdy haha, bc it's helpful when i play sports. i'm not easily knocked over :mcheh:

I am actually very active, before the pandemic i swam 2 days a week for training, played a water sport 3 days a week, played ice hockey 1 day, did volleyball 1 day, and i did a fair amount of walking in a single day too. But now that the pandemic happened i know i gained some weight because it was like going from 110% of activity to -10% in a day. I've since started going for lengthy walks, runs, and i bought myself some free weights and strength bands so i can workout at home.

I'm still unhappy with my weight, so i've begun counting calories. I'm not really restricting my diet because i don't eat much junkfood to begin with, My strategy is 'just don't buy it' haha, i live cheap on a student budget, so i gotta make the best choices here. So it's more that i just wear my fitbit and make sure each day my calorie intake is less than my calories burned. I think i'm making some progress, but it takes time. you don't see immediate changes and i think this can sometimes be discouraging because you want to see the results now! Not in two months from now.

My goal weight is 150-155lbs, if all goes well i might hit it by February or March as long as i keep up my daily workouts. It's a progress and it's taken me a lot of time to commit to changing my lifestyle a bit and actually pay attention. But i'm finally set on reaching my goals.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 12:25    

amalath

Hugs: 94857
Mood: hurting.
I am not sure what my weight is, most likely around 100kg with 167cm height. My body is storing fat quite evenly and tends to be very firm, so even though it is visible how big I am, people usually underestimate my weight. I never minded being seen as bigger, but I have more and more problems with joints recently, so I want to pull myself together and lose some weight.

The biggest problem is that due to preexisting medical conditions not related to weight, the amount and type of exercises I can do is very limited for me. With me being additionally very stiff and awful at stretching, exercising feels like a very painful chore and seems very disconnected from my every life. I want to find ways to introduce movement into my daily routine without it feeling like a forced and painful activity.

I am doing good with counting calories though. I was never a binge eater, so making portions smaller and being more mindful of what I eat have been working for me so far. I do have ups and downs, especially as I love trying new food. I'm succeeding in putting more veggies into my everyday menu and it makes me very happy.

I do not have any definitive goal, but going down to around 60-65kg would let me get to weight that I had before my current health problems (that let me to weight gain) began, so I guess that is my first goal.

(0) (0)
32. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F
Qui-Gon Jinn wrote:Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.
TimTam wrote:ama must be mad. XD
Merrymaking wrote:I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya wrote:Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @.@
Hinote no Akai wrote:some other random conversation
I just mostly laugh to my comps
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 20:33    

YourMajesty

Hugs: 33359
Mood: Dressed by a 9 year old.
My mother died when she was 63 and I'm about to be 60. A few years ago I realized I needed to do something because I was shaped exactly like her, only shorter. I lost 45 pounds and started working out. I kept it all off until the pandemic. I put on 10 pounds since March, have started working on taking most of that back off. Down 3 pounds, want to drop 3-4 more. I'll get back there.

(0) (0)
Blank signature is blank.

Posted: Oct 26th, '20, 21:33    

Unscheduled

Hugs: 8448
Mood: STRESSED!!!
I lost 15 pounds a couple of years ago, which landed me back to my highschool weight and now, two years later I'm back to my heaviest again. I'm trying not to beat myself up but I can't help but die a little inside when I try on my clothes and I can't wear them. Right now I'm trying to go back down to that weight again but I'm trying not to rush myself into it. Slow and steady wins the race!

(0) (0)
Knuffel F/P page <= I feed back ^_^ (You don't have to feed them all >.<)

Posted: Oct 30th, '20, 23:19    

CrystalOwl

Hugs: 3034
I do a 12 hour fast, so i dont eat before 10 am and i dont eat after 10pm. Cut out soda and if im snacking i stick to actual portion sizes and I dont eat seconds lol. Its slow but I've lost 5 pound the last month. Also drinking more water, and no sugary drinks.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Nov 8th, '20, 14:39    

Zupprika

Yes not rushing, I totally agree with that, even if it's frustrtating. Changing a few bad habits while allowing yourself all types of food in moderation. That's the way to get there

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 15th, '20, 22:45    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 39355
Mood: Obsessed
I've been trying to lose weight for year, and I know the main reason is my own 'will power' - I always fail and I know it's no ones fault but my own. My relationship with food is awful (I eat when I'm bored, sad, angry, excited) so it's a very long road ahead of me, plus I'm kinda old now so I feel like I wasted some of my best years being a fatty.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Nov 27th, '20, 18:08    

Zupprika

I am finaly sucessful in losing weight, and what helped me LOADS was to become aware of what I eat and do. I got myself a fitness watch and counted calories for a few weeks. Just realizing how sedentary I was and how much I was eating was a real eye opener. I feel like it taught me a lot and I am now a lot more aware of what I do and eat, and just that is helping a ton.
So even before you try to lose weight my friends, take theat step of realizing what you do to your body

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Jan 12th, '21, 05:04    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18947
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
I eventually want to be down to around 150-160.

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

[ 53 posts ]