Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Getting around with a broken ankle/leg
Posted: Aug 10th, '18, 03:09    

Foxbird9

Hugs: 7328
I was packing up a tent campground this Sunday. Fortunately, most of the site was packed up before the incident. Unfortunately, I broke my tibia and fibula in a fall which also severed the ligament or tendon that held my leg to my foot and dislocated my ankle. I'm pretty much dependent on getting around on crutches and a wheelchair. Does anybody have some extra tips for getting around the house and elsewhere with the restraints to my mobility. So far stairs are my biggest weakness since I can't use crutches or a wheelchair on those.
Edit: I have mostly figured out the stairs issue at my home, but car rides are torture. This is really where I need the most advice. Currently I am using two yoga blocks under my knee to keep my foot suspended so I don't feel the bumps and vibrations of the car as badly. The only downside of this method is my leg starts to lose circulation after awhile. I might try folded up blankets under the knee next, but there isn't much room in that area of the car so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Getting around with a broken ankle/leg
Posted: Nov 5th, '18, 06:28    

MissNikki

Hugs: 108728
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
I'm sorry no one responded to you!

I just saw this now, so I assume you have healed up a bit more and I hope you are doing well! :qh:

My boyfriend broke his leg close to the ankle about two years ago pretty badly after slipping on ice during the winter. He was also in a wheel chair and on crutches and in a boot for about 6 months before he was able to go back to work. During that time there was a lot of securing the leg properly in the boot while he was sitting and keeping it elevated most of the time. Keeping him comfortable and happy was the main thing - lots of movies and snacks and video games. LoL :mcheh: In the car we didn't keep it elevated tho. He wore the boot and kept it down usually with something under it like a bag or small box or something so it wouldn't touch the floor.

(0) (0)

[ 2 posts ]