Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: No Man's Sky
Posted: Jul 1st, '18, 14:27    

Reht

Hugs: 11751
I've been getting quite into NMS recently, and I just wondered if anyone on here had any particularily fun experience with it that they wanted to share? c:

I know the game got a lot of bad rap when it first came out, because of the less than truthful interviews and descriptions of the game that were around - but going into it with lowered expectations, i'm actually really enjoying it. Just a nice chill game c:

Although some of the alien designs are a bit wonky xP

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Post subject: Re: No Man's Sky
Posted: Nov 6th, '18, 02:51    

PupDragon

Hugs: 25407
Mood: Tired
It was too repetitive, with too little plot to draw me in. I hear they fixed most of the problems with the game, but I think they would have been better off delaying the release rather then release an incomplete game.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 6th, '18, 13:38    

Hiyono

Hugs: 22301
To their credit, they could have easily abandoned the game and ran with the money so they did a really good job fixing it. I heard that it's basically what they promised it to be in the first place and super pretty.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 20th, '18, 02:36    

Buttons

Hugs: 1877
I pre-ordered the game and I got maybe 20 hours worth of play time from it? I fully explored my first world, scanning everything and naming things and exploring everything. I got my ship back up and running and then moved on to my next planet, and it was the same again. Although there was 18 quintillion planets or whatever the massive number they quoted was, there wasn't really enough variation in things to keep things exciting past the first planet for me. I think I skimmed about three other planets in the game before I gave up. I ended up trading my game in a few months later and took a massive loss due to all the bad press the game got.

I have heard that with the new updates and features the game has gotten a lot better and it's worth playing. However I'm not really sure I'm willing to pay for it again. The thing with it as well, it doesn't really matter how much they fixed up No Man's Sky and how good it is now, the initial release views and drama that came with the game is going to be really hard to shake. The promises they made before and on release were just too ambitious for what was in reality an indie game with a triple A price tag. I think even if it was half the price on release the reviews wouldn't have been nearly as scathing.

That being said, I did always find the language learning pretty interesting in the game. That was probably my favourite feature.

(0) (0)

[ 4 posts ]