Catch  16%  [ 7 ]
Feed  36%  [ 16 ]
Bag  5%  [ 2 ]
Run  7%  [ 3 ]
Attack  11%  [ 5 ]
Throw Rock  7%  [ 3 ]
Give Pokeblock  18%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: A Wild Newb Appears. What Will You Do?
Posted: Jan 11th, '18, 05:20    

Vlad Bloodhaven

Hugs: 3507
Mood: Awkward
My computer restarted unexpectedly so I am having to retype this.

@jacobgrey: Wow. o_o

@memoriam: Heh, forced cat sitting. Well at least she enjoyed their company.
And poor rat! I want a small pet like a rat, but my youngest is a hunter. He kills all the wild lizards and the wild house geckos. I always have to rescue them from him.

(0) (0)
I know I probably have some rare or retired items on here, but here's my dream avatar: https://kofk.de/da/074F5B39.jpg

Posted: Jan 11th, '18, 18:44    

memoriam

Hugs: 220650
Mood: Mood.
My family consists of mean guilt tripping manipulators, so yeah.... ;>_>

Have you considered guinea pigs or a bunny? Would your youngster hunt them too? :mcomg:
And where the hell do you live, having lizards and geckos crawl into your place? :mcargh:
Back when I lived with my mom, a tomtit has gotten into our apartment and our cat really wanted to get to it.... I rescued the poor birdie, remembering my sister's cat (the one that died last year of age) who kept hunting tomtits (no clue how, he was actually out in the balcony and then he'd come back inside with a bird in his fangs :mcdead: ) and he's eaten them all. Once he left out a beak, other time a clawed leg, with the claws curled, like "help me, I'm being eaten alive", it looked so sad. And a ton of blue and yellow feathers that my sister had to pick up :qlol:

(0) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Jan 12th, '18, 04:05    

Vlad Bloodhaven

Now my eldest cat is the one that doesn't like bunnies. He never seemed to want to hunt them because he's purely an indoor cat, but he'd yell at them from inside the house. He did not like them running on the lawn. I don't know about guinea pigs though. Guinea pigs might be too large for my youngest to kill, but I'm also kind of cautious about possibly introducing a living thing that he could still pick up in his mouth. I can picture entering a room one day and finding him holding the guinea pig by the scruff of its neck. It probably would have to stay in a ball whenever it is out of the cage.
I live in a state that is part of the sub tropics. XD
There is a lot of exotic wild life here. It's also a bird sanctuary.
Oh no. The poor birds. My cats have never been interested in birds like that. Ugh, that sounds like it was a pain to clean up.

(0) (0)
I know I probably have some rare or retired items on here, but here's my dream avatar: https://kofk.de/da/074F5B39.jpg

Posted: Jan 12th, '18, 13:54    

memoriam

That's problematic indeed x.x Maybe you could let the guinea pigs out in a closed room, or close the hunter cat in a room so he wouldn't hunt the piggies? x.x Idk. My sister's cat was always afraid of bunnies XD I had a miniature angora and she was biting, so he got a phobia I guess, and then I had a lop bunny and he was totally going in for an interracial rape on that cat :mcheh:

Wow, what an interesting place to live in :mclaugh: I'd be scared QwQ
It was, the feathers were everywhere :mclol: So your cats have never hunted for a meal?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 13th, '18, 03:43    

Vlad Bloodhaven

Probably, but if I put my little hunter up I'd have to put my eldest with him or else he'll panic. He has some anxiety issues do to a negligent previous owner. And I don't have enough room to just dedicate a room for guinea pigs.
Lol No wonder. He probably tried to show the bunnies he was the alpha cat and it back fired. It happens.
Apart from some vicious baby spiders near my work and a brief run in with a pit viper (I kinda chopped off its head <_<) it's not that bad. Although a friend told me how one of their previous houses had a scorpion infestation... I'm more bothered by the heat than the wild life. I like places with actual seasons and cold. I plan to move to Seattle when I have enough.
Not with birds. My youngest has swallowed a few of the lizards and geckos he has caught. He doesn't anymore (at least I haven't seen him recently) because he gets scolded and he can't digest them that well.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 13th, '18, 15:13    

memoriam

Aww, poor kitten! QnQ Well, in that case you'd really have to either wait until you have the space to share it between the pets or just exchange your cats 8D lol, jk.

No, he was a very calm cat. Aside from the tomtits, that is... My first bunny was just a mean lady. I remember the cat just sitting calmly and the bunny just hopped behind his back and bit him, so he jumped in the air :mcheh: It was funny then, but poor cat XD
And with the lop bunny he was already scared of him in the first place. Imagine the bunny chasing that poor cat and trying to do him :mcheh: Maybe we should've castrated that bunny, but other than that he wasn't making any trouble. Just traumatising the cat XD

Oh no, not the spiders... /is arachnophobic. And snakes.... what?! how?! omg! >x<) I'm very glad the most dangerous thing I can meet here is a common viper, which I'm pretty sure I've only seen once in my life, and it was a baby one. Maybe because I live in a big city.
I still hate all kinds of spiders tho ;>_> Life's resolution: never go to Australia :mcargh:
I can't even imagine digesting a lizard ;>_> But maybe some can pull it off :mcargh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 13th, '18, 20:20    

Vlad Bloodhaven

All my kitties have been rescues.
Yeah, most likely. And nu not meh kitties! QnQ
Oh, no why? XD Though, yeah, bunnies can be jerks sometimes. I think that is why my eldest doesn't like them. He sees their dark side. :P
Yeah, maybe if the lop was fixed he wouldn't have traumatized the cat so much. Though you never know. He could have found other ways to traumatize the cat.
I don't like spiders either, but the fear is based on logical reasons. I only had about four encounters with aggressive spiders here. (The two babies<== this being two separate encounters , one adult that tried to jump on me, and freaky looking adult that was stalking me) The two babies were the ones that successfully landed bites. My arm was numb for two weeks. I have no idea what would have happened if they were adults with fully developed venom. x_x Most spiders leave me alone. Probably because I'm the mad man that would kill them on sight. They smell the blood of their fellow comrades on me...
I decapitated the viper with a shovel. I haven't been bothered by venomous snakes since. Heh, yeah no, I can't go to Australia like ever. *shudders* Now that is way too much for me to handle.
He has never really been successful with digesting them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 13th, '18, 21:22    

memoriam

Yeah, my first bunny was given away, her previous owner was an elderly lady as I understood and she was giving the bunny tea with lemon juice to drink... :mcsweat: So I guess my bunny was just.... mentally screwed up by a stupid owner XD But the lop was a little angel. Aside from his gayness XD
Yeah, I've heard some habits stay even after sterilization. But well, it never really crossed our minds then, tbh ;>_> It still wasn't that big of a trauma, the crazy biting bunny lady was worse, that's how the cat got prejudiced to bunnies XD

A stalking spider.... I'd die x.x I'm glad to hear it all only ended with a numb arm, although that's already scary AF x.x
I guess I got my spider phobia from seeing my mom panic at their sight in childhood XD And they're just disgusting ;>_> I'm super glad we don't have venomous spiders in Poland.
I admire you for the shovel decapitation, I truly do. orz
I'm not sure I want to know more about digesting lizards, sounds like it's very uncomfortable ;>///>

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 13th, '18, 22:24    

Vlad Bloodhaven

What kinds of teas? Some teas are okay for rabbits and other lagomorphs, but some are really bad. (I just looked it up. There is an actual list of vet recommended teas) Is that all she was giving her? If so then I'm not surprised.
Yeah, I had one cat that still marked his territory even after being fixed. It's mostly to try and help with certain... urges and so you don't get a bunch of unplanned babies on your hands.
I panicked a little when it went numb. I wasn't sure if I had to go to the Emergency Room or not, but luckily the symptoms never got worse. Yes, they are gross... they're actually very much like flies. They carry nasty bacteria on their legs because of where they walk. Another reason why I don't like them.
Yeah, it's gross. I don't know why he eats them. D: Probably because he's still a little feral from having to take care of himself when he was with his previous owner... But you'd think he'd learn.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 14th, '18, 15:49    

memoriam

As far as I know (and can recall) it was just normal black tea with lemon juice... And yes, that was the only thing she was giving her :mcheh:

I'd go to the emergency room anyways! Are you telling me you didn't? x.x

Yeah, give me more reasons to hate spiders XD

Aww, that's sad, but kind of understandable. How long have you had him? Maybe he'll stop doing it with time.

(0) (0)

[ 44 posts ]