Damn straight!  55%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: Looking for a new Dentist
Posted: Oct 12th, '17, 21:49    

Death Candy

Hugs: 97341
Mood: Forever confused
OMG!!! I am soo freaking mad right now!

Okay the last time before yesterday I went to the dentist's it was clear I had an infected tooth and a broken tooth. Naturally it was important to take care of the infected tooth. Well I expected that yesterday they were going to fix my broken tooth especially since it's hard to eat on my left side.

You know what they did instead? They fixed a couple of cavities on my right side that I didn't even know I had! WHAT THE HELL?! I have a broken tooth and I can barely if at all eat on my left side! And they were more interested in small cavities that I didn't even know I had?!

So now I'm trying a new dentist near my dad's place of work. They're going to get me in tomorrow at 11:00. They didn't ask what I needed done, so I will be telling them and hopefully they'll listen.

Right now my jaw hurts like a you-know-what from the needles. I think they put the needles in the wrong area of my upper jaw because I've never had that problem when Kiefer was still alive. I know, I know. I probably won't find an awesome caring understanding dentist as Kiefer, but I'm hoping to find someone who will listen. Also when the dentist injected the numbing medication the first time, nothing went numb. So they had to inject me like two or three more times. And the area beside my eye was numb. It was that bad.

So here's hoping this next dentist will listen and fix my broken tooth and not worry about cavities I didn't know where there.

Anyone else have a crappy dentist? Anything you could do about it?

(0) (0)
I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a new Dentist
Posted: Oct 13th, '17, 06:19    

Yokuutsu

Hugs: 11656
Mood: I just want to sleep
The dentists I've been too use a gel to numb a bit, so you won't feel the needle...and that needle numbs it up.

Maybe you needed a root canal? And they can't do that? (I needed two once and they couldn't do that at my dentist)...but if that's the case, they should've told you so and all...

Also on by your eye being numb, it happens. It's happened to me before, but I think that was with one or two shots.

(0) (0)
Questing: 12 x Silver Crown.

I am so far behind on castle quests.

Also: Always looking for MxM rps

Posted: Oct 13th, '17, 06:53    

JosieQ

Hugs: 89246
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
Dentists are evil. I don't say that the way others do just because they cause necessary pain, I mean that they are evil.

My fella got like fifty root-canals on a tooth, turns out he had an abscess and needed surgery for a different area of the mouth. In the way of doing research about this, we found this whole crapload of evidence that root-canals are absolutely evil. Dozens and hundreds of people who were getting them when there were other things wrong, and they were causing headaches and literal insanity. (One guy went actually crazy and was committed until they removed his tooth, haha srsly.)

Dentists are always pushing things that are terrible, like fluoride which reduces IQ and is poison. I don't tend to trust doctors outright either, but it seems like most of them are just misled while the dentists are really just... up to something bad. <.<

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '17, 07:05    

Death Candy

Hugs: 97341
Mood: Forever confused
@Yokuutsu The one I went to didn't use gel.

No, they've done root canals. Thing is if they can't fix the broken tooth they should have said something instead of worrying about stupid cavities that did even bother me.

I've never had my eye numb so it was freaky.

@JosieQ: I miss Kiefer, he was awesome. No evil I never had pain after he did my teeth even when he removed a tooth. I did have an itchy jaw. But since he passed away, I thought this new dentist was going to work out, but like I said, with him being more interested in stupid cavities instead of a broken tooth that did it. Hopefully the dentist I see tomorrow will listen and do something. Even if they tell me there's nothing they can do about the broken tooth and that I should go to UNMC. UNMC is a hospital and also a school for doctors and they're great, but their dentists aren't taken new patients right now. At least not that I know of.

That's crazy. I guess I'm lucky then, I haven't had that kind of problems.

I have never heard of flouride reducing IQ. I know you can't swallow it, except a very tiny bit.

(0) (0)
I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.

Posted: Oct 13th, '17, 09:06    

JosieQ

Yeah, a lot of countries have stopped fluoridating the water, but America still does it and it's poison. DX I also don't like the amounts of chlorine they stick in it, I mean, we all agree that we shouldn't drink pool water but having it in the tap water is fine? Bah!

Anyway, good luck with your dentist. Tooth-stuff is scary and horrible, so I feel for you. :mcsweat:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '17, 21:34    

Moi

Hugs: 337714
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I'm sorry you had that issue D:
I've had to have my teeth worked on a lot, so I know how it is.
I've also gotten a shot that must have hit a nerve because it hurt so bad.

I've had dentists and surgeons that seemed to care about me and some that didn't.
There's something so terrible about people like dentists and doctors not having good bedside manners.

I've had a couple of root canals, my wisdoms removed, fillings, a couple pulled.
BUT I had my first tooth pulled years ago and my dentist now, said they shouldn't have pulled it.
Because he fixed one that was much worse.
I've heard that people on things like Medicaid, dentists get payed by the tooth when they pull them.
So they don't want to fix it, and just pull it.
There was actually a dentist that took care of kids, and he just pulled them.
There was a whole story about it and it was shitty xD

I also had a dentist that said I bit myself while I was numb.
Which was a lie. I didn't bite myself and have never bitten myself.
I guess they thought I'd freak out or sue them. But I wouldn't have.
I would have been like "That's okay! You were doing work and accidents happen \8u/"
But since they didn't tell me, it irked me xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Oct 13th, '17, 21:54    

Yokuutsu

Hugs: 11656
Mood: I just want to sleep
@JosieQ
Anything is poisonous/deadly in large enough quantities, including water. Flouride is good for dental health and as long as someone doesn't mess up horribly, it's fine. It's part of the reason why we don't have worse teeth than we do.

And, dentists, as all doctors, can miss things, can mess things up. It happens. Any doctor can misdiagnose an illness, miss the one (or multiple things) that would give them the correct answer to help the patient.

And on chlorine in drinking water: would you like to get sick from a sip of water? If so, take the chlorine out. It prevents bacteria and viruses from growing....such as typhoid and other fun things. Which cities or the companies they've hired to take care of the drinking water are supposed to be keeping tabs on the amount in the water, which there are strict limits on safety which they must meet. Also, pool water has a lot more chlorine than drinking water.

@Death Candy
Well, I know a dentist, he will only do one side at a time because....both sides numb for hours? Not good, but I think he would've done the worst tooth first.

(0) (0)
Questing: 12 x Silver Crown.

I am so far behind on castle quests.

Also: Always looking for MxM rps

Posted: Oct 14th, '17, 00:31    

JosieQ

You don't have to agree that fluoride is poison (it's a toxic chemical by-product so it is) to agree that it shouldn't be in the public water supply. Does it protect teeth? Maybe. So put it in your toothpaste then. Putting it in the water supply is absolutely insane. Assuming that we NEED fluoride as a mineral (we don't, it depletes iodine though which we DO need), you can't just dose the populous at random. A baby needs different amounts of certain things than an adult. An athlete on a run is drinking way more water than a guy sitting at home, and thus getting a super-dose of fluoride. People are randomly getting random doses according to their drinking habits and size, and it makes no sense to dose people like that even with GOOD vitamins and minerals that people need to survive, which fluoride is not.

Why does the government care about your teeth, anyway? Why do you think they care about that so much that they're massively dosing you with fluoride, but meanwhile ignoring the huge vitamin deficiencies everyone has, including vitamin D which protects us all from sickness and cancer? Oh well, guess teeth are more important. At least you'll be able to smile while the tumors eat you alive.

As for chlorine, it's outright poison. That's why it kills bacteria, because it is deadly. Bleach also kills bacteria, but I don't want to drink that in any amount either. There are many, many, so many other ways to make clean drinking-water, so many other ways to filter out toxins that it's just like we're in caveman times to still be relying on chlorine. If we're just attached to chlorine though we could even treat the water with that, then take the chlorine back OUT, there's still no reason to drink it down.

(0) (0)

[ 8 posts ]