No  6%  [ 4 ]
Maybe  14%  [ 9 ]
Dances off into the sunset...  28%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 65
 Post subject: Procrastination
Posted: Sep 7th, '17, 16:27    

Kimiko

Hugs: 1694
What do you find yourself doing to procrastinate? Do you have any good ways to get yourself motivated to do the things you are supposed to be doing instead?

I'm having this issue at the moment, in that I am doing housework instead of my commissioned work. I can't seem to find the motivation to finish it at the moment and am starting to get a bit behind... As a bit of background, I suffer from anxiety and depression and have done for well over 10 years now. My daughter has just started nursery full time this week and my partner works long days, dropping of and picking up the little one from nursery on his way to and from work... I also have back problems and I'm overweight but again cannot find any motivation to do anything about it yet...

Today I've been clearing the backlog of washing, washing up and finally got around to cleaning the stove just to have something other than my commissions to do... Can anyone suggest anything to help?

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Procrastination
Posted: Sep 30th, '17, 06:08    

WishingMoon

Hugs: 4530
It is hard to say if I'm a procrastinator or not. I keep myself busy and there is always something to do. So if I'm not doing something I should is it because I'm avoiding it or am I doing something else that also needs to get done?

I'm more likely to have focus problems than lack motivation (or should I say discipline because I don't wait for motivation.)

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 16th, '18, 20:28    

HikariRena

Hugs: 2204
I`m a professional procrastinator. Habitica helps me :)

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 20th, '18, 20:42    

Demareth

Hugs: 30403
Mood: tired
I have this horrible thing. Where I'm a huuuge procrastinator. But I do my best work in crunchtime so like???
But I always get so so stressed about what all i have to do. Until I sit down and make a list of it all. And I do that so i have a schedule and I'll actually do my work not in crunchtime panic. But guess what? every single time I do that it only makes me go "OH i have more time than I thought i can push this back even further" and its a vicious cycle until im in actual crunchtime and then i bang out a 5 page paper in an hour so *Shrug*
its hard because its sustainable but also not sustainable?
and how long will it be sustainable?

(0) (0)
OwO
ImageImageImage
Please feed my children
ImageImageImage

Posted: Jan 24th, '18, 19:55    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 133674
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I'm a serious procrastinator. Due to my memory and energy issues from fibromyalgia as well I find it hard to keep on a schedule. I have to trick myself constantly. Some of my tricks are:
- put on a timer for 20 minutes of what you should be doing, then followed by 20 minutes of whatever you like, then 20 minutes of work again
- "Okay I'll just do this first part and then I'll xyz" (often you can get into the swing of it and just keep going after the first part anyway
- counting out what needs to be done - like I'll list out the next ten things I need to do, and when I get to the end of the list, I'll start again from where I've got up to and add a new item on to the end. The challenge is to try to race through and finish the list so I can go back to procrastinating, but the trick is keeping it going for long enough that you finish what you need

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 25th, '18, 13:17    

Peony

Hugs: 3926
Mood: Sleepy
i'm a huge procrastinator back then, but i feel like i made a bit of an improvement in recent years where i'm not just cramming something the day before, but rather a few days before. unfortunately, this only applies to papers. whenever it comes to studying for tests, i still usually do a day before mostly because i don't have a very good memory x u x

i remember seeing a tumblr post going around about being a procrastinator but also not wanting to fail? yeah that applies to me--i actually would want to get good grades, but man i'm lazy

to-do lists are helpful sometimes but even then i still get too lazy to keep them updated all the time :I

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 26th, '18, 01:37    

jacobgrey

I literally can't function without to-do lists :mcdead: I forget EVERYTHING. Then I'm sitting happily clicking around or whatever and I suddenly have my blood run cold as I remember what I was supposed to be doing that day XD

(1) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 13:53    

Addicay

Hugs: 5570
HikariRena wrote:I`m a professional procrastinator. Habitica helps me :)
Oh, could you tell more about that?

Sometimes I am not able to do anything. It was easyer, when I was working. There I did the things that should be done. But now. Nothing is important. I click here and there, watch Netflix. Nowadays I am reading again - which I am happy about. But still... Couldn't the house be cleaner? Shouldn't I do sports?

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:55    

Meags

Hugs: 31657
I am having a difficult time determining what is more important. Like, should I do this or that? What is more important?

But yes, I would say that I am a procrastinator, to say the least. Like today for instance, I have an appointment and I should be getting ready but I will wait until I absolutely have to get ready before I get off my butt and get in the shower. Instead of getting ready now. I always feel like I am sitting around waiting for something to happen but nothing ever seems to happen.

I am going back to school in a couple of weeks. I am hoping that this will improve my mood and give me a sense of purpose that I feel that I have been lacking for some time now.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 17:37    

jacobgrey

I've found (or returned to) a new form of procrastination lately: I really need to work on this project, so instead, I'll start a completely new one! Then I'll wait until it's allllmost done and switch to a new one again. Hooray!

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 15 posts ]