:qlov:  57%  [ 31 ]
*gathers them all up into personal reverse-harem*  43%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 54
 Post subject: Mystic Messenger
Posted: Apr 19th, '17, 07:39    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 105154
Mood: spiritual
Heard a lot about it, and went and downloaded it for my phone :qoops: it looks like it's going to become a guilty pleasure for me. I love anime guys, and I love the reverse-harem type situations of dating sims. I can't use the college WiFi on my phone though so it'll have to wait until I go home for the summer.

Have you heard of/played it? What do you think of it?

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Post subject: Re: Mystic Messenger
Posted: Apr 19th, '17, 20:54    

Rosamond

Hugs: 99371
Mood: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah, I have it on my phone. I've played all the routes. It's pretty addicting. The characters are all pretty interesting.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 00:02    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 44023
Mood: Boondocks
Is it like .. a dating sim? For your phone? Brb...

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 07:42    

chuunibyou

_____@Rosamond
that sounds promising. if the characters are interesting and not typical shoujo dreamboys with romantic cliches throughout the route... that's actually not that common in dating sims. and if it's addictive then it's just as well that i can't play it while in college lol. college doesn't give me time to entertain addiction.

_____@asha
yes, it's a dating sim for your phone (i actually wish it was for the computer, personal preference...) considering most other dating sims are for various console type things though, i like that this one is pretty accessible in that sense.

(1) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Apr 27th, '17, 22:17    

Rosamond

Hugs: 99371
Mood: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ambarsariya wrote:@Rosamond
that sounds promising. if the characters are interesting and not typical shoujo dreamboys with romantic cliches throughout the route... that's actually not that common in dating sims. and if it's addictive then it's just as well that i can't play it while in college lol. college doesn't give me time to entertain addiction.
The characters aren't typical. They all have more going on with them. It's best to play the game when you have free time since it requires you to interact with the game at specific times throughout the day.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 15th, '17, 03:21    

Hikarisoul16

Hugs: 57329
Mood: (゚▽゚`*)?
I really love the game after hearing about it and downloading it!

I havne't played it in awhile though, because unfortunately, you need to interact with the characters at specific times during the day. One playthrough is also about a week or two long so I would need to play it during the week. You can use save slots and load from where you left off, but that requires game currency that you would usually purchase with real money or earn slowly by playing the game.

(0) (0)
You may call me Hikari, Hika, Soul, or anything else you come up with. (Cute art by Nankuii! <3)

Posted: May 15th, '17, 06:55    

chuunibyou

That's the one bone I have to pick with the game, that you have to play it at specific times throughout the day. I'm on summer break and I'm still not able to make time at those specific times. So I'm missing texts and phone calls like nobody's business :mccry: I got a phone card so I can make unlimited callbacks, but it still doesn't beat being able to pick the call the moment it comes instead of calling back over and over only to get sent to voice mail, until you're able to get them to pick up lol. I haven't made a single save slot because I wouldn't be able to afford loading from one every time I want to continue the game.

I think I'll still be able to finish all the chatrooms and calls... just not the ideal way lol. It's especially hard to call back to Seven after missing one of his calls, since he's so damn busy all the time. Thankfully I'm concentrating on Yoosung and Zen so I'm not so concerned with having to land him lol :mcwink:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 29th, '17, 09:16    

Tora_Fujimoto

Hugs: 31120
I've played this game a long time ago xD I really likes it but like everyone else,
I couldnt give it the time to get the phone calls and interact with them. But with you guys talking about it I might get it again, if I have the time too.

Amba, I remember you mentioning it in a hangout and I couldn't remember the name of the guy I liked but you said it. I liked Zen xD lol I thought he was really cute!

(0) (0)
Questing Materials

Goldfish x 17
Lily ✔️
Water Orb ✔️
Wererat Tail ✔️
Yellow Balloon x 70
Food Points ✔️

Posted: May 29th, '17, 10:38    

chuunibyou

OMFG Zen is like... :mclove: because I fantasize a lot about Korean idols and he is one... :qoops: that one pic of him tied up with a ripped shirt holy ravioli. My favourite is Yoosung though (Zen is a very close second!). Not only is he an utter squishyface, the way he's all caring and needs to be cared for in return (idk I just love that dynamic), his voice turns me on :mcblush: and it's so adorable how he's all like, I gotta be more manly for you, and I'm like nuuu you're a perfect squishyface the way you are but ok do what you want if that makes you happy* :qh: squishes Yoosung's cheeks*

The game kind of, idk, froze for me though? Like the chatrooms were appearing grey and I couldn't click them even though the day and time for them to unlock had passed. Maybe my logging in anytime I could instead of specific times messed up the game or something. I'm kind of hoping it'll fix itself somehow, lol. Soon. So that I can mebbe *again pictures squishing Yoosung's cheeks* :mcsquee:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 31st, '17, 06:59    

Tora_Fujimoto

Hugs: 31120
Yeah hes my favorite. I dont remwmber most of them so I cant tell you who my second is xD Maybe Ill get the game again sometime. Maybe when I have some time to pkay on my phone.

(0) (0)
Questing Materials

Goldfish x 17
Lily ✔️
Water Orb ✔️
Wererat Tail ✔️
Yellow Balloon x 70
Food Points ✔️

[ 11 posts ]