Food  39%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 75
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Reading Challenge
Posted: Nov 28th, '17, 21:26    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 192174
Mood: happy :)
Oh wow I love your avatar :mcsquee:

I am slooooowly proceeding with Narnia.. But yea, still 100 pages or so to go. But I try to read when I am riding the bus or the like.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 28th, '17, 21:32    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 78736
Thanks! I have to go to the DMV with my mother tomorrow, then I have to go to the doctor with her on Thursday. So I will probably get some reading done then. I feel like I am getting sick though...

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 15:22    

LittleJulez

Wow, you are kinda going to the doctor quite often or at least you accompany people there often.

It's snowing here :) First day it's more.

I FINALLY finished Narnia 7 (the last battle) and thus also the whole series.
I am kinda... dissatisfied with it :D I always thought I would love it... But it more like ... okay.

I guess I won't finish HP2 (Russian) this year, but hopefully until March :D :D
At least I have a little more time because uni is little less stressful.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '17, 16:10    

Sanssouci

Yeah, my partner won't go to the doctor alone. And my mother won't leave her dog home alone, so she brings her dog, then picks me up, then we go to the doctor, then I have to wait in the car with her dog... I ended up being too sick though. So she canceled her appointment. We did go to the DMV, but that didn't take long at all, so I only read 10 pages.

We got some snow, then it melted, then we got some more, then it melted again. Nothing on the ground now. But it will be back very soon!

The ending makes or breaks the whole book/series for me!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 05:05    

WishingMoon

Hugs: 4516
I'm really not the type to read when I have a spare moment. To me, that is music time. For reading, I really just need to sit down and do it!

Which I haven't been good at lately.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 05:08    

Sanssouci

I used to sit and read while I dried off after my shower. But I cut my hair short, so I dry off a lot faster now, and I have been taking my showers later too, so then I have to hurry a bit more, so I haven't been reading and drying off!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 10:25    

LittleJulez

We only have little snow left on the ground today.. But there is more to come this week!

I am sorry to hear you got sick! Get well soon!
This counts for me, too btw...
Somewhen last week I started feeling worse, running nose and a sore throat.. And I am coughing a lot, which I usually never do.
Anyway, I hoped it would be better today, but it actually got a little worse.

Yea totally! The ending of Narnia is so unexpected, I would almost say stupid. What the hell, really? In my opinion one can truly see the Christian influence in the last book, it's actually annoying, one can find so much of it in there!

Reading and drying the hair off... Interesting, I've never even thought about this! I usually read in the mornings or evenings, after waking up or before going to bed.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 16:42    

Sanssouci

That's exactly what I am going through. I think it started exactly a week ago today. First it was just a sore throat. Then it was sneezing, and coughing, and a runny nose, and watery eyes, and it just won't let up!

I have some cold and flu medicine, but it's expired. I went to the store Thursday to look for more, but I didn't see anything for all my symptoms. So I just got some Vick's vapor rub. And I'm taking my allergy pills. And I have cough drops. But I don't think any of that is helping at all...

I'm not religious, so if the religious stuff is really obvious or in your face, I probably won't like it either.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 10:24    

LittleJulez

Oh no :( Get well soon!!
I am feeling the same I guess, it won't get better..
This is soo annoying, I haven't done any exercising in a week!
Ah that sucks that you could not find any medicine fitting your symptoms :/ I am only taking Ibuprofen right now and sometimes drops for my throat..

I am not Christian and I did not notice any parallels in the first few books, but I think they are pretty obvious in the last one....

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 16:09    

Sanssouci

I felt a bit bitter yesterday, so I was so hopeful that I would be fully better or at least a lot better today. But, if anything, I am even worse.... And I don't have health insurance, so I can't afford for it to be anything more than a cold! As it is, the hospital called me to say that they're about to bill me for over $4,000 for my surgery even though my surgery is supposed to be covered under Family Planning Benefits Program because it was in my reproductive tract. But the hospital is saying it was coded wrong, so FPBP is denying it. And I'm like.... then fix it and code it right!?

(0) (0)

[ 710 posts ]