Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 10595 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Kat's Crumpet Collective
Posted: Nov 20th, '23, 21:15    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5779
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Why did "a translucent/transparent one" come to mind? Username?

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Nov 21st, '23, 17:55    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 104981
Mood: spiritual
what are the eyes you're wearing kit? super pretty.

hi outline!

@ kat; i've been through something similar with doctors not being helpful or sympathetic, and my mother blaming my chronic health issues on me. we shouldn't have to suffer like this and society should care more about wellbeing than productivity. i'm finally at a place where my body is relatively better. i'm glad you have a husband who truly supports you, and a new career path that will give you the flexibility you need!

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Nov 22nd, '23, 02:09    

Kitalpha Hart

Flower cat eyes in powder blue

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 28th, '23, 05:16    

Katherdante

Hugs: 44506
Mood: 。❛ ◡ ❛。
Twitter: catadoodlesVT
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@catadoodles
@Kit: ooo, nice idea! We'll have to see if they like it, or have another idea if they pop in again :D

@chuunibyou: I found out the name for it is 'medical gaslighting' it is terrible... I wonder how many folks have suffered from misdiagnoses etc? I am going to make sure I fully process this on a personal level before talking about it on a bigger platform, but I think it does deserve a bigger topic of conversation. I will probably do an episode themed around it, but, I think being a little less close and with some more positives to report first would be good.

I am grateful I am safe and have some clues, but I need to probably go a little further and make sure I have processed it fully. I thought I healed from something else, but when talking to a friend was getting myself geared up in a bad way, so I am proceeding with caution in going into more serious topics to make sure I am ready to cover it in a way that is safe for myself and not just going back into the wounded state.

*hugs* maybe if we had found out sooner, maybe my mom could get it. She's got some memory and other issues brought on from aging and I don't think she can remember what I am talking about and it's like every day she resets. so even if I go to the effort one day, it's like 50 first dates, and with something like this, and how she is verbally attacking in her patterns... it just, was safest to disengage from my parents.

Fully made that choice earlier this year, and finally everything started slowly getting better. :)

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 30th, '23, 12:31    

chuunibyou

i applaud you for checking in with yourself about what you feel ready to talk about and what activates that wounded state for you. 'medical gaslighting' is an apt word for it and it should be addressed by the medical community because biases and prejudice are resulting in people not getting the diagnosis and help they need. a lot of doctors need to be trained to actually listen to their clients tbh.

i'm glad you made the decision to disengage with your parents for the sake of your own wellbeing. kudos to you for knowing what would be better for you and help you heal. :qh:

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Nov 30th, '23, 21:32    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 115975
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
medical gaslighting pretty much describes my entire medical history, both physical and mentally. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Dec 1st, '23, 15:23    

chuunibyou

That sucks, Dream! So many people I know have had a similar experience.

And to some extent, so did I. The only help I received was from non-traditional medical practitioners.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '23, 00:55    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 115975
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
Nicer news, my best friend took me to see Wish in the Theater for my birthday. We had a great day. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Dec 3rd, '23, 01:48    

Outline

Hugs: 6596
Mood: Illustrating
Kitalpha Hart wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 02:09 Flower cat eyes in powder blue
Your avatar is so pretty. :mclove: :mclove: :mclove: :mclove:

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: Dec 3rd, '23, 05:14    

Kitalpha Hart

Ty
Right now with Doughnight running I'm doing minimum of non-event items so the event items can be more easily shown off

(0) (0)

[ 10595 posts ]