Other  5%  [ 5 ]
Food  54%  [ 55 ]
Total votes : 102
 Post subject: Onigiri
Posted: Jul 26th, '14, 12:00    

Bright Sword

Hugs: 5671
Mood: Unsure
I didn't see a thread for this, so I decided to make one.
Anyway, people who clicked the thread expecting riceball recipes, you have been fooled by the title. The name of the game IS Onigiri, but it doesn't stand for riceball.

The Game
Onigiri is a fairly new free-to-play pvp-less(so far) anime-style MMORPG hosted by Cyberstep that was just officially released to the public from its closed beta stage a few weeks back. As it's a new game, it still has that glitchy-new-game feel to it but, seeing as to how it's a new game and how it's landed a contract with anime-hosting-giant Crunchyroll, we can probably expect improvement and smoother gameplay in the future. You don't have to be too worried though, as the game HAS passed its closed beta period and is more than functional enough to play without any severe in-game issues.
It's a game with decent 3D environments and semi-fully-customizable characters (clothing items are still limited though), and the file size is pretty small to boot, making it a pretty good game for those who are just looking to casually run around a virtual world and hit stuff (though you won't get far by doing that). Even though there are open fields for farming and such, the game mainly runs on dungeons (otherwise known as instances), so playing with friends or teaming up with other players is recommended. The game doesn't run on a class system, but instead has character bases (referred to as types) that determine your starting and bonus stat gains and relies more heavily on how you allocate your own stat points. The strength of your attacks is determined by how you allocate your points and how strong your weapons are, and different weapon types rely on different stats for damage. I won't go into too much detail about the gameplay, but all that's needed to enjoy the game is a functional mouse and keyboard (and an operating system that doesn't belong in an antiques shop).

TLDR
It's a new, anime-style MMORPG with a lot of potential that has 3D environments and customizable characters. It still needs some work, but is worth a look.

If you join and are looking for someone to play with, you're free to come and find me. My character name is Lucien. Just drop me a message on this thread or something if ya wanna friend me P:
For those of you interested, the game's website can be found HERE
If ya have questions or comments, just leave a message below XP

WARNING: The game might not be suited for children because, well, anime. There's no illicit content in the game itself that needs filtering though, so this is just a fair warning.

(0) (0)
*Insert Whatever Creative Signature You Can Think Of Here*
Want to RP? Don't have ideas? Check this out!

Post subject: Re: Onigiri
Posted: Oct 24th, '14, 12:12    

SuperSammi

Hugs: 5082
Mood: Chipper
Are you playing the game in English or Japanese? The forum is in English, but the forum posts seem to say that there's no ETA on when the game will be translated.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sammi's Bar & Grille

Posted: Jul 26th, '15, 05:05    

Bishojo Chibi

Hugs: 4237
Mood: Blue
I played it, and it does have english translation, its a pretty good one if you like anime. It does need alot of grinding but what I really like about it is you can have an npc with you to help you kill things. :qlol:

(0) (0)

[/url]Image

Posted: Nov 4th, '15, 03:22    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 44018
Mood: Boondocks
I am playing this but on the ps4 :/
The customization is lots of fun even if it's not of the highest quality. The gameplay is great, too. Especially for a free mmo. I've tried a fair few and this one is actually worth the time.
The alcoholic cat lady confuses me.

I have two characters, one named Onibaba and one named Wry or Wryy I can't remember how many y's lol.

Very much agree about the npc help ^
The extra item find is a nice bonus, too.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 20th, '16, 21:18    

KouhaiFoofie

Hugs: 922
I played the game, I will get back into it eventually :P

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 21st, '16, 17:37    

Chrizine

Hugs: 112311
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Looks interesting, I think I'll give it a try after my exams when I have free time :)
Would you recommend playing with mouse and keyboard or with a controller? I saw instructions for both on their site...

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jan 23rd, '16, 06:22    

ashabellanar

Mood: Boondocks
Chrizine wrote:Looks interesting, I think I'll give it a try after my exams when I have free time :)
Would you recommend playing with mouse and keyboard or with a controller? I saw instructions for both on their site...
I'm using a controller and I find it easy to use. Not sure what the keyboard is like, though.
There's a fair bit going on but it's not too complex. If you're used to mmo's on the computer, you might prefer that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 20th, '17, 15:23    

Demonskid

Hugs: 60571
Mood: A da RAWR~
I used to play the PC version of this game but my PC no longer can play MMOs.. or any game really... its a challenge to get it to stream anime =o=

I have Onigiri on the PS4 but with no one to play with I haven't done anything yet except make my character. xD

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
I can't help but notice a change
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves
But deep down my roots are the same

Twitch || Twitter || Youtube

Posted: Feb 21st, '17, 13:46    

ashabellanar