I have never played  8%  [ 63 ]
I have heard of it but I have never played  20%  [ 162 ]
Total votes : 798
 Post subject: Re: Gaia Online
Posted: Apr 10th, '14, 16:02    

Fiel-kun

Hugs: 97437
Mood: (•◡•)
Alith Anar wrote:I've been a member on there since 2006, but I next to never go on there or do anything on there anymore as my friends from there have all moved on or live in another timezone so I never get to talk to them properly anymore... That and it just seems to be a website for leeching peoples hard earned cash for crappy virtual stuff now... The rate of inflation on there is crazy too... I'm not one for posting randomly either, I must admit I tend to lurk more than I post because I find social situations weather they be IRL or online difficult to deal with... And how the site has gone now, leaves no place for people like me... I kind of wish it could go back to being the way it was when I first joined... It at least seemed fun back then...

Agree. How I missed the good old days of Gaia. Where everything was within reach. Now, if you're a newbie there, goodluck! lol how could a new member can ever afford those over priced items. Unless they are willing to dish out some real cash >_<

(0) (0)

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm responsible for what I post.
You're responsible for what you understand.

| He/Him/His | Scorpio | PH +8 GMT |

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Posted: Apr 11th, '14, 01:10    

AstaTheBroken

Hugs: 47852
Mood: Bored
Wow...i haven't been on there for a very long time so I signed in to look...my account was created 10 years ago, 2/22/2004

I'm here way more often than I am there (same username, though). I actually learned about KofK on Gaia, back when Firn was making adoptables for sale for gold.

(0) (0)
Image Image
Looking for arts for a vampire OC. PM me if interested.

Posted: Apr 11th, '14, 23:30    

LaKiseD

Hugs: 4068
I used to play gaia then everything just became too slow for me to deal with

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 25th, '14, 14:33    

Telstel

Hugs: 22784
Mood: Demonic
I still go on, login into one of 6-7 avatars i have made, 2 for storage, 3 character avatars and a main, i think there is another one...not sure, but yet i log into one of them and just go through the tabs, the forums, games except for zOMG, i don't play it anymore, that and i'm constantly on Elsword so i don't want to lag both games out and log off and move on to other community sites, then go back to gaia again and log on another avatar and repest the process.

Ever since i started playing Elsword full time, i have little time to spend on posting and such, but i log on so i don't miss out on anything or have them deleted.

Recently though, the constant Cash Shop updates are just a plain nuisance and making me think twice about just leaving the community altogether. I'm all for helping the site out, but this is a bit too much and really annoying, those sort of things should be a monthly thing not daily :mcdead:

I'm still unsure about Gaia though, i would like to see the site be much better than this in future. :mcheh:

(0) (0)
Please feel free to click on the links to chat to me, i'll be sure to get around to them when i can.
My Knuffel! Art Shop! Quest! Material Quest!
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: May 18th, '14, 03:33    

Shadorilia

Hugs: 6830
Mood: High on Life and Love
I stopped going on Gaia as often after the announcements came flooding in, and the market started skyrocketing. Plus, I prefer more quiet sites like these, where everything is much more peaceful.

(0) (0)

INFP | ♀ | Explorer of the Universe

Back from the dead hangout!

Posted: May 21st, '14, 23:41    

Whimsical

Hugs: 6683
Softly in my disappearing heart, a dream is shining...

Ooh, Gaia! I still go on there but really to talk to like 1 person. I come here for my chatting needs now, haha. I can't leave it completely though because my inventory is MASSIVE there and I have so many dream items and like.. I'm really cute so I don't wanna leave xD KofK too! I can't leave here either and the people is an added plus <3

(0) (0)
Merchant Mule for Mir!

Posted: Jun 17th, '14, 10:33    

Megami Nekohime

Hugs: 7476
I still play daily. I don't talk to anyone but people on my friend's list unless I'm trying to get or sell an item or during events. I haven't added anyone to my friend's list on there in years and I only see a few of them come on. I have recently started looking for other sites to play on because the inflation is so high now on there and it's hard to get anything nice unless you spend cash. And then the next day they list something even cooler in the shop but you don't have more cash to spend on the site. I'm a quiet person, not a social butterfly, so I tend to stay away from the fast moving threads that I can't keep up with. But yes, I still log on daily for my daily chance items and to rummage through the garbage for lucky items. I like their alchemy system on there too to make items with, so I've been working on that mostly.

(0) (0)
My Dream Avatar Goals
Hair 49 (Dark Green) - CC, 2300 FP Bought
Cat Shaped Earrings (Dark Brown) - FJ, 650 FP
Flower Fairy (Jade Green)
Doughnight '10 Lips Thank you elaine3305!
Angel Butterfly Headwings (Brown) - RS, 2900 FP
Angel Butterfly Wings (Brown) - RS, 4600 FP
Abby Armwarmers (Bright Green) - BR, 80 FP Bought
Argus Cloak (Bright Green)
Forest Child Squirrel
Forest Child Trees
Fallox Knuffel Gloves (Dark Brown) Thank you Meags!
Dahlia Eyes (Bright Green)
Fay Top (Bright Green) - BR, 1200 FP
Darshy Wristlet (Dark Brown) - LF, 2100 FP
Celebriwen Tiara (Brown) - FJ, 2450 FP
Frog Prince Background
October Rose Staff (Orange) Thank you Meags!
Earth Crown Thank you KimiLavender!

PM me if I don't answer within a day in case I forget to subscribe to the thread. :mcheh:

Visit me? Quest|Materials|Knuffel Quest|Hangout|Buying|Clicky Cove|Wild Items

I return feeds and plays with my knuffel usually more then what was given to them. :mchappy:

Posted: Jun 27th, '14, 05:32    

Kye Jenn

Hugs: 1304
Mood: Not on too much at the moment~;;
I've pretty much quit Gaia Online. :mclol: The administration is shoddy, and the greed is utterly insufferable. I'll continue to log on because of a couple friends, and because playing with my avatar is so fun. I've devoted a lot of time and money over the years to that site, so I can't bring myself to quit cold turkey, so long as my account is intact, however I'm really not going to take part in the site as a whole from now on.

It's too bad, really. Gaia has become a place only for the rich. It's no longer a very community-oriented site. :mcsad:

(0) (0)
It's not always black and white, but your heart always knows what's right.
It's not about "win" or "lose", it's the path you choose.

Posted: Jun 27th, '14, 09:16    

Rhyme

Hugs: 20522
Mood: Neutral
I've always thought that the word "play" is a strange word to use for going on a forum. I mean sure you are dressing up a virtual doll but still, the meat and potatoes of that site is a forum.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 29th, '14, 17:10    

Skyefrost

Hugs: 2106
I go there for the roleplays, I'm confused about how the roleplays are organized here...are they all grouped together in one big pile?

Rhyme wrote:I've always thought that the word "play" is a strange word to use for going on a forum. I mean sure you are dressing up a virtual doll but still, the meat and potatoes of that site is a forum.

Don't they have games and stuff zomg, towns, fishing? I know people who goes there only for the the chat and games there. I mostly go on the forum though.

(0) (0)
Dream Avi.

Hoping for an all black version of the hair.

[ 113 posts ]