I have heard of it but I have never played  20%  [ 162 ]
Total votes : 798
 Post subject: Re: Gaia Online
Posted: Dec 13th, '10, 09:39    

Sellesion

Hugs: 8928
Mood: meh~
I play gaia 10x more than I'm here on kofk... :qhehe:
I'm a long time user there on gaia, it's been almost 5 years... haha... sometimes I get bored, but that's when I just leave, and come back the next day when daily things are re-set, I have PM's and there's updates. :]
I know there can be bullies, but if you go to the right forums, you can find some of the NICEST people ever.. >< haha... just recently, I ran into a "troll" on there, and it really threw me off 'cus it had been so long sense I had to deal with someone that was mean... *nods* I do agree though, it is more fun when you have friends on there. Fortunately, Alot of my friends from real life have Gaia.. including my boyfriend.. haha.. he's been on there about a year longer than I have... when we first met I was like.. "You have gaia?!?!" and he was like... "Yeeeaaaahh..." lol..... XP.. that was actually one of the very first things I said to him...

(0) (0)
Knuffel I wish for. <3
Water Gen 10 Accomplished!

My Knuffels!
My Personal Quest Thread

Posted: Dec 13th, '10, 11:16    

VanillaEclair

Hugs: 2185
Mood: Happy happy happy
I did.. 7 years ago. =_=

You know ever since Gaia decided to put more games in there, everything was ruined. Now some users don't even know there's a FORUM.

This is one of the reasons why I left and transfered to KofK.

The only game that used to be there was Fishing, and Fishing was already fun on it's own because you can use the fishies to sell profit or make into pieces of clothing. Now it's just gold, gold, gold, gold.

Recently there are more and more younger, but more bitchier users hanging around the site (trolls!). Gone are the days where the community is a light and happy playground filled with forum-games and hangouts to hang. Now people complain and whine in the Spam or even ask for hookers (I want a bf/Gf needed plz!). Rubbish.

Which is why I say Gaia is dead ever since the creator sold the website to some other company.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

Posted: Dec 15th, '10, 00:12    

Idunn

Hugs: 1102
Mood: Sleepy
I still log on Gaia from time to time, though mostly to kill time on zOMG! while procrastinating or hiding from my sewing projects. My interest level in the site kind of died when my husband stopped logging on. That and the rapid release of cash shop items when compared to gold shop items is making me disgusted.

(0) (0)
Current Quest: 1/3 Mithril Ore | 4/8 Golden ring | 2/25 Cherry Blossom | 13/35 Trumpet Vine | 29/50 Weed | 370/370 food points.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Posted: Dec 16th, '10, 08:57    

Tabby0912

Hugs: 986
I also play gaia but I don't play as much as when I first started because then you had some fun events and stuff but now they are always the same or that you need to buy something so gaia can make some profit. also the people aren't that nice anymore... so now I don't really talk to people on there anymore :qsweat:

but yeah I still play it ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 16th, '10, 12:45    

KnuffelxFan

Hugs: 2857
Mood: happy
I just log on to gaia to feed my aqua fish then log off again to come here i m slowly getting board of gaia

(0) (0)

Voodoo Doll quest:

2 x Book of Fire, 25 x Olive Tree Leaf, 35 x Holy Water, 50 x Cell Phone

^ help me at all please?

Posted: Dec 16th, '10, 17:10    

Rubellius

Hugs: 641
Gaia Online used to be a pretty nice hangout to casually discuss anything with intelligence. Now, the technical boards are filled with arrogance/incompetence, the site's drive is to make you spend money, its users are largely idiots, and to sum it up with a quote from a friend of mine, Gaia has become ". . A huge dress-up game." I couldn't agree more.

Nowadays, it's my playground to assault the lesser-minded and trollkind, getting my daily kicks from knowing I'm fighting the cancer plaguing the net. Gaia is a lost cause, even though zOMG is somewhat fun.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 17th, '10, 08:43    

Kaikasu

Hugs: 1900
Mood: Artsy
Yahoo Messenger: sanctus_kyaz
I still hop on, purely for the sake of collecting items. I don't really have any friends on their to talk to and what not so as a whole it's generally pretty boring for me.
That and how greedy the company's gotten makes getting new items almost impossible without cash.

(0) (0)
Current Quest: 1/1 x Golden Crown, 7/15 x Water Orb, 5/25 x Halibut, 8/35 x Heart Balloon, 21/45 x Mountain Dew, 20/60 x Artichoke
ImageImage

Posted: Dec 17th, '10, 17:05    

Diocas

Hugs: 897
I play gaia, I'm really addicted to it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 26th, '10, 14:22    

Beenz

Hugs: 908
Mood: Lazy >.>;
I'm on the site frequently, although I tend to avoid the main forums and just stick to my Clan's forum where I feel nice and safe; away from trolls and the hoards of hormonal 14 year olds. zOMG! and my friends (who I met through zOMG! ) are pretty much the only reason I'm on the site though.

I tend to be on Gaia a lot more then here o3o;

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 26th, '10, 19:39    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138537
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
You know just from reading don't you all think it's sad that the only reason a majority of you all still remain on Gaia is because you have friends on there? Quit honestly, the important people I made other methods of keeping in touch with them because of how much Gaia's gone down the toilet. Sorry, but if Forums are the only thing keeping Gaia alive then why should I bother going on there? There are plenty of Forums on here and much nicer people. The bots/mean people are few and far between, and you can easily avoid them on here by adding them to your Foe list. Granted Gaia now has an "Ignore" feature but it doesn't do any good. The user can still send PMs, and they can still be around you, the only perk is in Towns they're greyed out and you can't hear them but still -.-;

Gaia's become so cash based it's ridiculous. I'm sure that if people didn't waste their money on there Gaia would be down the drain by now. The mods there don't do a good job I feel either. I had someone send one of those ridiculous PMs to me saying they were an Admin and they needed my password and such, and I found their main account and reported both their main and mule. You know what the mod said? How can I prove it was their main account? BECAUSE THE MULE SAID SO ON THE COMMENTS! There was a guy who was talking to her through comments about wanting some of the stuff on a few of the accounts she sent the PM to, then she said she was moving back to her main account. So of course that's EASY TO TRACK because the girl continued the conversation through her main!

I was furious how lazy they were! I even had screenshots to prove it! However that right there destroyed any resolve I had to be a regular user of Gaia Online.

(0) (0)

[ 113 posts ]