Chugging an energy bar on the morning commute  3%  [ 2 ]
:food:  44%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: What Did You Eat Today? [50k FP Challenge!]
Posted: May 24th, '22, 11:19    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 40487
Mood: Obsessed
I should really write these down when I have them because my memory is terrible...

Yesterday hmmm, I had an egg sandwich with some crisps (chips) and for dinner it was pasta with veggie sausages. OH! And my bokksu arrived so I had a matcha baumkuchen. It was yummy!

Actually the pasta was really good even though it was so simple. I'm trying really hard to focus on my portion control too and pasta has always been so hard to get right lol.

@Amura
What flavour ice cream did you make? That sounds so fun and delicious!

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: May 24th, '22, 14:01    

Amura

Hugs: 66702
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
My family's favourite is vanilla, so that's my go-to flavor.
And because I had some mascarpone left from another recipe, I decided to also make some mascapone icecream.

Now the question is: which one am I going to take out of the freezer for lunch's dessert?

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: May 24th, '22, 17:00    

Rubie

Hugs: 141934
@PastelWitch: Oooh I've been wanting to get bokksu but I've never been able to commit to it yet. Meant to get a subscription for a Christmas present to myself last year, but then I ended up splurging on a cross stitch stand instead lol.

Anyway Yesterday I had

Breakfast: granola bar
Lunch: Chicken katsu over rice with cabbage. And then someone brought in leftover cake so I had a slice
Supper: Last serving of turkey stroganoff (that isn't packed into one of my bento boxes), and then later on I had a few wedges of chocolate orange.

I haven't ate anything yet today.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 24th, '22, 18:48    

Akili Li

Hugs: 229331
Mood: contemplative
I'm now mostly out of the snacks-only phase.

I had a salad and bread and a cheesy-spinach-and-onion dish last night, and skipped first meal, and had malted cream-of-wheat with some fruit for midday meal.
Which is honestly fairly snack-ish, but whatever.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: May 24th, '22, 20:25    

PastelWitch

@Rubie
It's very expensive, but I share with someone so it works out ok! This month was matcha themed aswell which is one of my faves <3

Today I had homemade veggie shepherds pie with some tender stem broccoli, I was at my mums and we often like to cook together so it was pretty good.
Had a small apple crumble for dessert and I'm looking forward to trying a bokksu snack later~

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: May 24th, '22, 22:52    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 31851
Mood: ~(=w=)~
Hi all~ I've had some super interesting foods this long weekend!

On Sunday, I went to the night market with my friends, it was a street food paradise~

First up are dangos! I've always wanted to try them ever since seeing them in Japanese animes and TV. This year they had a stall at the night market~ I got three flavours: red bean, matcha, and soy-sugar glazed (mitarashi dangos!). I got to say the mitarashi ones are the best. So soft and chewy and sweet <3

Then we also had some fried foods. In the picture are fried eggplant (topped with pork floss, nori, and mayo sauce) as well as fried fish cakes (topped with wasabi mayo). Both were so flavourful! The eggplant was peeled, chopped into strips and fried so it was very soft. The fishcakes were also extremely tender, the sharpness of the wasabi mayo compliments it greatly.

Finally the highlight of this year's night market trip for us was the grilled beef bone marrow. The bone (with marrow) is seasoned with peppers and garlic and scallions then grilled. You then scoop up them marrow, put them on toasted garlic bread and eat it together. I really have no words to describe how delicious it was QAQ

Yesterday, we went to this fisherman's wharf. In there is a famous local pizza place that makes rather extreme seafood pizzas. (There's a $850 one that's topped with lobster and caviar LOL) We got a pretty basic one that has shrimp, prawns, and smoked salmon. It was worth every penny. You can't see from the photo very well, but under the smoked salmon was a PILE of 20-something large prawns!

And that was the highlights of my food-filled weekend :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 25th, '22, 15:16    

Rubie

Hugs: 141934
@PastelWitch: The price is what is stopping me. I don't have anyone to share it with, but uh, would I want to share? LOL Maybe this year for I'll do it for a Christmas present to myself lol.

@Natsuyuki: Those look so freaking delicious. I am drooling over here over your pics. Especially those dangos and fried eggplant.

Anyway yesterday I had:

No breakfast lol, Lunch was another serving of chicken katsu over rice with cabbage, Supper was gluten free chicken nuggets (that I didn't know were gluten free when I picked them up but still tasted the same) with pretzels.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 25th, '22, 19:31    

PastelWitch

@Rubie
It's quite a lot of snacks! But easily enough lasts a month if you don't eat them all within a week :qoops:

@Natsuyuki
Wow those look AMAZING! So tasty~ I love going to food markets/stalls, we don't have them here much

My food today consisted of:
Salad and a cheese bun (with some chickpea snacks)
Leftovers from yesterday with broccoli~

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: May 25th, '22, 21:31    

Amura

Hugs: 66702
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Wow, incredible photos of yummy food!
Luckily I had already had dinner, or I would get hungry seeing those :D

Today we had pork sirloin with portobello mushrooms for lunch.
Strawberries and vanilla icecream for dessert.

And a potato salad for dinner.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: May 26th, '22, 08:18    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 31851
Mood: ~(=w=)~
Small update guys, because I just realized the dates for the 50k FP challenge may not be clear.
Since the thread was started at the end of May, I think it'll only be fair to do the first check on the last day of June, counting all of everyone's posts since the start! So this gives everyone a very good chance of meeting the challenge and getting FP~

(0) (0)

[ 354 posts ]