Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 133 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Casual conversation
Posted: Mar 3rd, '22, 17:57    

Akili Li

Hugs: 237874
Mood: contemplative
Well, that, and because Hangouts seem to be directed by a specific person more than the chatting threads area (even if it's inevitable that SOMEONE had to be the first poster), so if you aren't super familiar with and comfortable with a specific person it seems more presumptuous to post in the Hangout area. But if it's chatting threads, there doesn't seem to be the same pressure for knowing them first before being able to post in their thread...

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Mar 12th, '22, 02:32    

Kuuki

Hugs: 291214
Sorry to revive the topic with a completely unrelated conversation but if some people remember, I was looking for a job. I found a job. It was a week between the day I applied and the day I officially got the job (actually I was offered another one too), that week was pretty crazy and now I work at the front desk of a hotel.

(1) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Mar 12th, '22, 07:45    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 46111
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
It's all good Kuuki, I think the point of this thread is that there kind of is no topic LOL

Congrats on the job! Front desk at a hotel sounds nice. Have you started yet?

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 12th, '22, 09:40    

Kuuki

Yep I have started. I had like two day between my second interview and my start date I was floored. They handed me my shifts for the month right after the interview.
It's part time, I work two days a week which is perfect for my mental health and to keep our tax break with some room for a bit more hours if needed.

For now it's very quiet, it's a guest house that has re-opened after two years just this month so there are not many people stopping there right now. Which is kind of nice so I can get the hang of the job slowly. They even left me alone in the building on my first day, I don't know if I should be happy to be trusted or a bit scared they're so trusting XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 13th, '22, 06:04    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 46111
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
Ooo that's excellent that it's nice and slow right now so you can get the hang of things. I'm glad you got the amount of hours you wanted too. I'm in the same boat working a couple of days a week for health reasons, so I know the feels.

Yeah it's always kind of weird the first time they leave you alone and in charge of everything. The first time I was in charge of closing a store by myself was like: "I've only been here for like a week, you sure y'all have faith in me to manage absolutely everything for a night?..." In the end it was fine though.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 13th, '22, 08:21    

Kuuki

Yep but it's a bit too slow and since I'm only there two days a week there's no guarantee there will be someone staying at the hotel either.
I haven't checked in anyone for example. Nor have I checked someone out. It's a bit hard to learn.
At the same time it's been so long since I had a job outside the house that I'm relieved it's slow for the time being. I'm not used to talk with people anymore.

It's always surprising when people do this isn't it. I was like, hey there's money in there, you showed me the safe this morning, there's still the key on the register you sure you want me alone in there? I'm glad it's usually safe where I'm at but you never know.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 15th, '22, 17:39    

Amura

Hugs: 73818
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
That's great news Kuuki! Congrats.

I suppose it must be kind of odd if nobody checks in or out during your turn...
Do you have many other chores to do in the meantime?

PS: Do not hesitate to change topics as often as you wish, this is just for casual conversation after all.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Mar 15th, '22, 18:51    

Akili Li

Congratulations, Kuuki!

I'm a bit behind (I got stuck without internet for not quite 2 days), so it's late, but it's sincere!

Now that you're coming up on the end of your first week there, what's your impression? Is it something you feel like you'll be able to pick up and be confident about? How are your coworkers?

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Mar 15th, '22, 23:49    

Kuuki

Thanks!

Actually I just finished my second week since I work Monday/Tuesdays XD
I can definitely pick up the work. I worked front desk (and a lot of other things) at a museum before and it kinda feel nostalgic to do the same thing again (though there's a bit more money involved ^^). It's not that complicated once you get the hang of things, a bit overwhelming at first but I think I can do it.
It's a hostel so it's a bit more relaxed than it would be in a proper hotel even though we have to wear suits.

As for coworkers I do like them. I don't think I've met everyone yet though, especially the night staff, and I mostly work with my boss in the first place. They're all nice people though.
Amura wrote:That's great news Kuuki! Congrats.

I suppose it must be kind of odd if nobody checks in or out during your turn...
Do you have many other chores to do in the meantime?

PS: Do not hesitate to change topics as often as you wish, this is just for casual conversation after all.
Thank you! And Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Not that many other chores and it depends on my boss' boss mood on that day. Like yesterday I was dying because he decided it wasn't clean enough for his liking so I've been cleaning the lobby all day while creating Excel documents for him (because I'm faster ^^) and we were all like "it would be clean if you'd hire cleaning staff".
I understand his position though, it's not busy enough for cleaning staff but even once a week would be a godsend because right now the day staff is composed of exactly three people (including me, two days a week) and they want that staff to get a whole second hotel ready to open on April 1st.

I did finally manage to check people in and out though!

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 21st, '22, 00:20    

Akili Li

I missed your birthday, so happy belated natal day!

Kuuki, yay! It's nice to have some of the hurdles of those "firsts" out of the way. It sounds like a really small staff so I'm glad they seem nice. I hope they turn out to be genuinely nice! A second hotel ready in just 10 days now seems like a very tight deadline. I hope they'll be taking on more staff to help with that!

(0) (0)

[ 133 posts ]