Yes  33%  [ 12 ]
No  19%  [ 7 ]
Food  47%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Sensual Dreams
Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 15:27    

Carnehil

Hugs: 5843
JosieQ wrote:These are depressing answers. Sex is everything! (I mean that literally, the entire purpose of all living things is to bang and procreate.)
Welcome to the ace party.

As you kindly mentioned sex is a way to create progeny but it can hardly be classified as "everything". Also, there is this thing called asexual reproduction so not all living things need to "bang" to create offspring.

Allow me to introduce you to the desert grassland whiptail lizard - an all-female species of reptiles. These reptiles reproduce by parthenogenesis. In this process, eggs undergo a chromosome doubling after meiosis, developing into lizards without being fertilized. (courtesy of Wikipedia)

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 19:25    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88646
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
Humans are not lizards.

And while I don't socially judge quirks and kinks and things that go against the wider nature of evolution (I myself have quite a few), I begin to question what's in the water when such things start becoming the norm rather than the exception.

So should you.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 20:20    

Carnehil

Sexuality is neither a quirk nor a kink. And we're on the internet - in a space where people are less afraid to tell their truth, in a space where people learn that this thing they were beating themselves over is not an issue, in a space where you're more likely to find all kinds of people (especially those in minorities, looking for a sense of belonging).

I don't question strangers on the internet based on my assumptions and experiences.

You know what is actually depressing? Growing up in a belief that you're broken and incomplete because you don't want the same thing everyone else does. Having people ask you what's wrong with you because you've never been bothered by the lack of this thing you're supposed to strive for. Going against your own feelings because you just want to be "normal" (and feeling miserable about it).

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 20:43    

JosieQ

And because it's so upsetting, no one's allowed to talk about what's going on.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 21:25    

Carnehil

There's a way of talking about anything and everything.
If you present something as an issue that needs to be fixed it is likely to come across as judgy.
Here we are talking about a sample size of less than 10 (total of 10 individual users who posted here, including the OP), a quick google search tells me that "approximately one percent of the population identify as asexual".
1% out of 7.8 Billion people on this planet. And there is not a single other person I know personally who would identify as one.
If you have different experiences could you please enlighten me, because I don't quite understand what you mean by "what's going on"?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 23:40    

[Jennifer]

Hugs: 15967
Mood: ♥Haitus♥
Yes! I don't typically think about sex when I'm not all cuddley with my man..

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 00:07    

JosieQ

I don't know what Google statistics have to do with the prevalence on this thread.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 01:29    

Moi

Hugs: 328443
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I have no interest in sex. To be forced to have sex or be forced to say I want sex is something I find immoral.
I shouldn't be forced to do something I have no interest in just so it can make me seem "normal" and make others happy.

I have been told "You'll change your mind!" "You just have to have sex first then you'll like it!"
I don't have to be punched in the face to know I don't like being punched in the face.

I find it strange sex is everything to a lot of people.
I couldn't be any less interested.
And that's how it will stay forever.

Edit: I'm not trying to sound hostile. I've just seen people hint at forcing people to have sex because they identify as Asexual because it will change their minds. Like it's an okay thing to do.
I'd rather get burned with a cigarette on my hand than have sex and give birth xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 04:01    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5850
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
It's estimated that it's closer to 8-10% of the world falls under the ace umbrella but because it's so little known, people don't realize it and think they're a more known one. Such as bi

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 05:31    

kitestrings

Hugs: 8487
bold of you to assume i have sex to be giving up

edit: wow this thread.
y'all... asexuality is not some aberration and humans don't live their lives to have sex. i'm also asexual, and there are plenty of people in the world who are, and there's plenty more who aren't asexual and just aren't interested in having sex or children.

It's Not That Deep.

anyway love and support to all the aces out there, you're not broken and there's nothing wrong with you :qh:

(0) (0)
call me wren ☆ he/him pronouns
art blog | rate my art!
knuffels

[ 27 posts ]