Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 63 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Fresh n Shiny!
Posted: Sep 30th, '18, 01:12    

fall1ngfeather

Hugs: 7050
Ah, ok! Fair enough! Who's Firn, though?

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Sep 30th, '18, 01:15    

Akili Li

Hugs: 229160
Mood: contemplative
Firn also has an avatar alternative named Her Ugliness.... she's the site creator and artist! She is really overworked though, because she's trying to do nearly all of it herself, so we appreciate her a lot!

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Sep 30th, '18, 01:47    

fall1ngfeather

Ohhhh I see! I thought that name sounded familiar, and now I know why! XD Poor thing. Does she hire other artists sometimes to help with the workload? This site seems to have a lot of them!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Sep 30th, '18, 04:04    

Akili Li

ha ha, how can she afford to? KofK doesn't even pay for itself most months as it is.

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Sep 30th, '18, 17:46    

fall1ngfeather

Ohhh I didn't know that. :C Sorry to hear it!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Sep 30th, '18, 20:47    

Akili Li

Yeah, we definitely need to figure out how to attract more people. Just one or two more folk who could donate a month would make a difference, and there's usually, what, ten or twenty who can't for everyone who can? So if we could just get a couple dozen new people, it would be really nice.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 2nd, '18, 00:28    

fall1ngfeather

(First of all: love the avatar change!)
Well, at least we don't need a TON more people, just one or two. Honestly, the knuffels themselves are probably the biggest draw- I found this site a couple days ago because someone put a knuffel in their signature over on magistream. :0

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 2nd, '18, 02:42    

Akili Li

Well, now, there's a thought, then!

I'm not really into too many of the social media sites, but some exposure here and there on those would probably bring people in, then.

(Thanks. I've been swapping out avatars because you can save the styles, and when you're playing the avatar games it's fun to switch it up every few posts)

Oh, I meant to warn you! Quests are a little hard, and when you start to get into them, make SURE you start with the easy ones first. (one-stars)
Unless things have changed, you can only have one of them active at a time, and if you give up on a quest you can't get it back, which means you miss the reward entirely.
So start on the easy ones, and be prepared for it to take a while, and never be afraid to ask for help with them on the forums. There's a number of people with lots of materials floating around, or who can tell you what areas to dig in to find them.

That's the thing about quests; they need materials you find from digging, and you don't really get those until you have a couple of regular (elemental) knuffels that have leveled up.

So don't worry about rushing into the quests, they're more for once you've been around a while.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 2nd, '18, 20:21    

fall1ngfeather

Oh darn, I think I started a 2 or 3 star quest... it's certainly asking for a lot of materials I don't have. :/ Oh well, I guess? Thank you for letting me know!

Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that people looove their clickable sites. Things like GPXplus, dragcave, magistream, ostlea, etc, give people little sprites they can just pop into their signatures/share on media really easily; and because those little clickables are the point of the site, it makes for conveniently free advertising. XD If Iiii may go into a bit of a game mechanic/player reward tangent though, I find different sites' techniques and rewards for player interaction really interesting! It's cool to see what different sites do to reward players to try and create certain methods of play.

For example, magistream and ostlea monsters require you to click on them for them to grow. For doing this, players get 1 gold, the game's currency. You also get gold for posting on the forums, with more gold the longer your message is, up to 200 gold. The nature of it encourages people to spread the adoptables to other sites to get more clicks, but only people within the system benefit, and it's completely possible to play the game just by using the site's forums and hatcheries designed for the purpose.

Dragcave, on the other hand, doesn't actually require people to click on the adoptables; all you have to do is view the associated image. This makes them very popular in signatures, as they don't even need to add a 'please click my dragons!' message, all they have to do is get people to load the page the adoptables are on (very easy in a forum format). As a result, it's a lot more 'sit back and relax' in terms of actually raising the critters, and most of the game is in breeding and collecting. The recently introduced game currency, shards, is given for trading dragons (encouraging player interaction) and adopting eggs (encouraging the collecting aspect).

KofK, on the other hand, seems to heavily encourage player interaction; the game's currency is given out mostly through forum posts, polls, and comments/ratings on other player's artwork. There are rewards for raising knuffels, but those are few and far apart (considering how long I've found it takes to raise a knuffel to level 10 on your own. XD), and there's no reward to interacting with other players knuffels, only with players directly. (Which seems a little counterproductive considering how much work has been put into the feeding and playing system; I love the little messages the knuffels say when you feed/play with them and their rooms!)

.......Wow that turned into a much longer rant than I was expecting. Sorry, I'm just working on a petsite of my own right now, and so coming up with ways to encourage players to play the game a certain way has been on the brain a lot lately. XD

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 3rd, '18, 05:59    

Akili Li

Hm, KofK has been around for, what, going on twelve years now, right?
So I wonder how much of the reward-system and focus has changed over that time period.
I rarely even see the little sayings any longer because I usually click on feed and play from the knuffel inventory/list instead of from the page of an individual knuffel. I'd forgotten about it until you just said that...

I'm too new to really know (over half the time I was "here", I was gone on hiatus), but some of the other players who've been around for the development of it might have a better idea.

(0) (0)

[ 63 posts ]