Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 23 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Dairy-free tips?
Posted: May 19th, '18, 13:14    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 134171
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I'm getting there a little bit. What I've started to do is to deliberately make too much food for dinner, because I have plenty of ideas for that. Then when it comes to lunch, I can take leftovers and put them into a wrap. I started to look forward to my magical mystery wraps XD I do this at Christmas with all the festive leftovers so it still feels a bit special.

Main problem to tackle now: 1) eating with my parents, who make all the right noises but STILL keep bringing me cheese when I'm with them, and 2) eating when I'm tired and hungry. At the end of the day two days ago, we'd been out walking all day in London, got home off the train, and ended up buying a pizza D: I have to remember to steer us away from these fast food options that aren't going to be vegan.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 19th, '18, 14:01    

Ghost

Hugs: 24975
Mood: -u-
Yeah I do that too. Studying is making it harder to sleep early which means I don't have time to eat breakfast or pack food it the morning. I usually go all day without eating much and then snack a lot when I get home. If i'm not busy I make porridge for breakfast with a mashed banana and either a handful of frozen berries mixed in or a pile of fresh fruit on top. I'ts my favourite breakfast because it's healthy, easy and filling. Oh and of course it's yummy! :mctongue:

I've gotten used to ordering vegetarian pizza with no cheese. I think it tastes great an my local pizza shop has recently made vegan cheese available.

Making too much food is perfect when you're feeling extra lazy, just heat up your leftovers and you've got an easy full meal! Speaking of food, i'm gonna make myself some dinner. :mcglee:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: May 19th, '18, 14:50    

jacobgrey

Our takeaways don't do any vegan food yet, as far as I've seen. except for stuff that already is, like rice or chips.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 20th, '18, 08:25    

wolfcat87

Hugs: 11190
Mood: Interested
Have you tried pea milk? It's thicker and taste so much better than almond to me. I do like Califia vanilla almond milk though. I have never found a single decent vegan cheese. I still eat cheese and butter.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 20th, '18, 11:55    

jacobgrey

I like almond milk and coconut milk, so no problems there. Actually I hate the taste of cow's milk already so it wasn't at all hard to use those instead. I'm starting to love vegan cheese a lot as well. We've seen some indie brands that do it much better, but actually I'm fine with the ones I can get in the supermarket now. There's a caramelised onion 'cheddar' I particularly like.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 20th, '18, 12:01    

Ghost

I've never seen pea milk before but I would also recommend soy milk. It's creamier than almond milk too, which I also don't really like the taste of. As for vegan cheese, i've only found one that I actually would recommend. I think their brand is called Sheese, I've only tried the mature cheddar style though.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 20th, '18, 12:11    

jacobgrey

Ohhh yes I love Sheese! Pretty much all their products. They do grated cheese and cheese spreads as well. They're expensive but I like to get them as a treat every now and then because they're so tasty.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 20th, '18, 12:46    

Ghost

I've seen their spreads and grated cheese at the shops. I haven't tried any of their other products but i'll keep that in mind for the future. :mctongue:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 20th, '18, 13:21    

jacobgrey

I think if you like one, you'll probably like them all, because they're the same quality and flavour across the ranges ^^

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 20th, '18, 15:13    

Ghost

Oh, that's good to know. They have the best quality by far from the different brands i've tried.

(0) (0)

[ 23 posts ]