Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: Personality Test
Posted: May 8th, '17, 05:25    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5830
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Yes
And you don't have to feel guilty about abruptly changing the subject, either
Especially in Hangouts, where you can be in three conversations in one thread, start a fourth conversation, and it's perfectly fine

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: May 8th, '17, 18:09    

WitchchyldeK

Hugs: 1917
Huh. I got INFP-T? I don't remember there being those little qualifier attributes before. But I can't argue against the Turbulence addendum to the Mediator profile.
Spoiler
Mediator Personality (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.
Spoiler
Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Whoa. I used that same quote for my senior yearbook photo.
Spoiler
We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be

At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.
Mediators have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.

Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.
Spoiler
Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.
Oh cool, Johnny Depp and JRR Tolkien are also Mediators. Ooh, and Tom Hiddleston, the fabulous Loki!

(0) (0)
Solia!ImageImageImage

Posted: May 9th, '17, 00:59    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5830
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
I've only seen -A and -T on that site, so it may very well be unique to said site

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: May 14th, '17, 02:16    

Lycanthus

Hugs: 14931
Mood: tired/busy
i'm also an infp! my i/e trait is kind of in the middle though because i'm relatively more outgoing by infp standards. so i guess xnfp is more accurate, but i resonate more with infp and usually get that on tests anyway.

it's interesting how my type compares to the types of my best friend and s/o, who are infj and intp respectively. infjs are very similar to infps on the surface but internally we function very differently. my best friend, despite being really close to me, is still a mystery in a lot of ways. he's the most mysterious person i know and he pretty much agreed that he thinks that he "is the most mysterious person most people know" ahaha

meanwhile my intp boyfriend is kind of this endearingly elitist type of person who loves nothing more than to explain things to other people in detail, which i think is really silly and cute. i don't think he knows that i think it's kind of funny, ahaha.

(0) (0)

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
toyhouse | free doodles | art dump | deviantart

Posted: May 14th, '17, 03:32    

mementomori

Hugs: 45416
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
Yet another INFP (-T)!

I do find it funny that on all these tests it's like "these people are optimists! rose colored glasses!" I'm extremely, extremely pessimistic and cynical. But I guess that might be the -T. I expect the worst from humanity, but when I meet a good human I'm all like "you are why the world needs to continue to exist!" Heh.

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: May 14th, '17, 05:08    

Lycanthus

i definitely think that's the -T aspect! i really flip between A/T depending on my mood. i feel like at the core i'm an upbeat person but i was definitely -T back in highschool when all my problems were compounding. it may have been depression talking at the time, but eh... who knows at this point. it's been years.

i also think it's funny that people tend to characterize infps as soft, gentle cry babies LOL. i dunno if it's just the scorpio in me, but... that's definitely not me.

(0) (0)

x

Posted: May 14th, '17, 07:20    

Lilyse

Hugs: 22201
i'm another infp, hello! i honestly don't think i've ever seen so many in one place :mcblush:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 14th, '17, 10:28    

Lycanthus

i think infps are more common online since ... extroverts would be more likely to be out doing things rather than lurk on forums like i types. that's just a guess though! i've run into a lot of infps.

(0) (0)

x

[ 18 posts ]