Indifferent~  46%  [ 104 ]
Total votes : 225
 Post subject: Re: Candy Caravan Chat
Posted: May 29th, '23, 07:53    

Kitalpha Hart

Hugs: 5021
Mood: I'm poor (´Д` )
Yeah, I pity her kids, she may as well have them in bubblewrap
Basically any socialization they do is with their parents and only their parents. They are home schooled
Their son, the oldest, has a meltdown if he cannot be glued to his iPad. He's six. Maybe seven at this point. He's had it for...2-3 years now? He won't talk to anyone if he doesn't have to and my oldest niece, his cousin, is tired of him after ~15 minutes. He has to win, cheating and changing rules mid-game, to do it. He didn't like it when dad told him that changing the rules because he wasn't winning didn't make him a winner
The middle, a girl, she's at least willing to face her fears. Until her mom in particular squashes that because "it's too dangerous". If she doesn't have that all squashed she'll have an easier time adjusting to real life
And the youngest, another girl, still young enough to not really have a personality showing yet when they moved, so who knows
Oh and they all can still ride the stroller if they're tired of walking. Meanwhile with my brother as soon as the kid can walk regularly that is packed away

Oh yeah and despite my brother having kids first, she still tries to tell him how to parent. Or used to, anyway. I think she can't do that so much now that she's several states away

She tried to take my iPad away once. That I had paid for with my own money. Cuz she'd helped with the purchase part cuz online sale. She did not appreciate me throwing it at her face (in its case, it was fine) and the slap across the face I got in response...ow
So yeah. I'm glad she's far away now but I pity her kids. Her husband might as well not exist for how useless he is (and he sides with her if he does have to step in)

(0) (0)
Imageurls broke Imagebig sadsImage

Posted: May 29th, '23, 15:54    

Hotarla

Hugs: 89678
Wow. I’m sorry to hear that. Also somewhat glad i don’t have to deal with kids of my own lol. I wouldn’t know what to do with them.
The oldest though, being glued to electronics at such a young age….seems kinda unhealthy. D: but with the way tech is these days, even babies know how to play with phones…and i don’t think that’s good tbh. Electronic exposure at such a young age…

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: May 30th, '23, 00:28    

Kitalpha Hart

Yeah, my oldest niece always needs the TV on if she's inside
Though she may just need the white noise
She can go with it off, she might complain but she can do it, especially if there's stuff to do already on hand
And then her sister keeps losing the remote. She has been told many times that it stays in the living room. She will take it outside. We found one after it being MIA for two weeks out in the snow
And the youngest of that three, she's potty training
Their dad, my brother, is a gamer, so they're used to it, and he uses older games (and remakes/remasters) to help them learn to read

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 03:00    

Hotarla

my dad is always watching youtube or dramas before and after dinner. like, no change every evening, its like that. granted, we're all older and our bodies are better developed. but for children who are still developing, i feel like tech should be limited until they get older.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 03:30    

Kitalpha Hart

And have an idea as to internet safety
Like yeah when we were kids it wasn't too bad, but now with how easy it is to dive off the deep end, ya gotta do what you can

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 05:35    

Hotarla

Yeah technology is so advanced these days, even if you try to do some parental lock or parental control, kids are smart enough to work around it. And then they start doing stuff behind parents backs and get caught up into bad stuff.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 06:16    

Kitalpha Hart

Like it's one thing if the lock is to keep the kid from accidentally traumatizing themselves
It's another when you see the crazy parents who use them to where the kid basically can't Google a picture of a dog without needing parental permission

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 14:07    

Hotarla

Yeah that’s true. Its either that or like…limiting them to how long they can use their tech.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 21:46    

Kitalpha Hart

Or both. Both is always an option

(0) (0)

Posted: May 30th, '23, 22:35    

Hotarla

Yes both is always an option lol.

(0) (0)

[ 14119 posts ]